Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
kastolzm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
PO lost diaper

Hiya All, I have a question and cant find a clear answer on the site. I sent a package of three diapers to a buyer. I paid for delivery conformation without insurance. The buyer received the package but it was damaged and missing one diaper. What do I need to do? Thanks

Advertisement

ISO of Best Bottom Trainer system OR Blueberry Trainers for a boy [small]. I'd like nearly brand new or EEUC.
kastolzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
love_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would think you would need to partially refund the buyer and unfortunately you lost on the diaper.
love_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PO lost diaper

if they opted for no insurance than refunding any money is up to you, you aren't required.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99 View Post
if they opted for no insurance than refunding any money is up to you, you aren't required.
Paypal and most mods here will see differently. It is the sellers responsibility to make sure the purchased items get to where they are going.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99
That
This is one of the risks with not buying insurance. You the seller have done what you could do by providing dc. I would understandably be upset as well, but it is your decision. You could refund half minus postage if you were compelled to refund anything.
UNLESS you packaged the diapers in something that could easily tear apart, then I would hope you would refund her the amount of the diaper. JMO.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 01-08-2012 at 07:11 PM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Really? Even if the buyer didn't want to get insurance? What stops anyone from saying their
package was wrecked?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
DecsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just received a package of fleece soakers I ordered from Etsy. The packaging was torn in several places, but thankfully everything inside was undamaged. When packages get damaged like that, the post office puts them in plastic bags that have a printed explanation that it was damaged in transit and their apologies. I would request a picture for proof of the damaged package.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

What kind of packaging did you use? Did you use a sealed poly mailer? Or was it a paper envelope?

If it was a poly mailer I would say you did your best, seller could have bought insurance. Personally I would refund a portion - either the shipping cost, or half the diaper cost.

If it was a paper envelope... paypal/the mods would probably hold you repsoncible, since it says right on the site somewhere NOT to use paper for this reason.

the whole situation sucks all around though
Old 01-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is a double post. She said in the other thread she used a Manila mailer
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecsMama View Post
I just received a package of fleece soakers I ordered from Etsy. The packaging was torn in several places, but thankfully everything inside was undamaged. When packages get damaged like that, the post office puts them in plastic bags that have a printed explanation that it was damaged in transit and their apologies. I would request a picture for proof of the damaged package.
It came out in another thread that not all post offices do this every time
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote