Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question How long to wait?

So how long would you wait till you go to the hospital? This will be my third but, second vbac. Ryan my water broke and I went right in. 12 hours later took pitocian and 12 hours later had him. Since I can't have my home birth I want to do as much as I can at home. I'm a little nervous about going fast and not making it. LOL It's 40 mins away. I also have high blood pressure. I just don't want to be there forever till I have him.

Advertisement

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How long to wait?

Hmm. We were planning a home birth last time, and my water broke but labor did not start. She let me go 48 hrs I think before I had to go in. If we were planning a hospital birth this time, I would def not rush in as soon as my water broke, BUT I don't know anything about high blood pressure, and I know I tend to have medium length labors that progress pretty slowly, so I'd have time to get there before things picked up. I plan to head to the BC/ Hospital when I start feeling like it might be uncomfortable for me to sit in the car pretty soon.

We're planning a birth center birth, and the MW told me not to call her even if my water breaks at night unless things really get going or there was stuff in my fluid (her words, lol)- that I should go back to bed and get as much rest as possible. I was so glad to hear that! Lol.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
firefaery6683
Registered Users
seller

I wonder the same thing.. However I have tested GBS+ and was told if my water breaks I need to go in right away (well I mean I plan on cleaning myself up etc first lol) to get antibiotics. If it's contractions then when they are 5 mins apart for an hour.. I have high blood pressure, however my Dr didnt say I had to go in cause of that, except that I need to see a high risk gyno this week to get her opinion on when they should deliver me, as BP has been higher than we like, but no protein in urine or anything else like that.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh that's right, I was GBS + and the MW did come give me antibiotics at some point. She left afterwards, though.