Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Registered Users
Fetal Arrythmia

I'm 33 weeks and have had a "perfect" pregnancy this far. Today my doc picked up a hiccup in LOs heartbeat and I'm going to get further testing. Doc didn't seem concerned and from what I could find most cases are benign and work themselves out. I get heart palpitations from time to time and in the heat of the moment totally didn't think to mention this to my doc. I'm starting to worry now. Anyone have experience with this? (And I will be telling doc about my own palps when I go back for further testing.)

NikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have a slight heart murmur and it's never caused any problems.
My name is Amanda, happily married to Ernesto I'm a former HS teacher turned SAHM to Jake 6.7.10 and Norah 7.23.12

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Fetal Arrythmia

We noticed an Arrythmia at 19 weeks with DS. We went for an ultrasound at 20 weeks and it was coming and going throughout the appt. We had to go back for another one 5 days later and they couldn't see it at all. By the time he was born he was perfectly healthy. His heart rate dropped a during pushing but it was probably because I had an epidural which I am slightly allergic to and had a hard time breathing. Once I was put on oxygen and got my own system under control and let him relax (while he was crowning...not fun for me) his heart rate went back to normal. Most Arrythmia's are gone but birth if not then their 1st birthday. Good luck. I know how much stress you are under right now.
Amanda wife to R.
We cloth diaper, extended nurse , delay and select vaxinate, extended rear-face, and partially co-sleep because we're crazy like that
Hunter (05.23.09)
hunter'smom is offline   Reply With Quote