Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

San Antonio

Tell me everything about SA please!! My husband might be stationed there. I have looked at Converse TX to live. Is there any thoughts on converse??

Advertisement

Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
mamabug1014
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: San Antonio

My husband teaches in the Judson distract, that includes Converse. It can be a bit of a rough area. I would recommend maybe Selma/Schertz if you want to be close or move more west. We live in the northwest area.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
stompykitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I lived here 20 yrs before marrying hubs & moving around for 4 yrs, we've come back in 09 It's a BIG spread out city & there are lots of areas to choose from. We live very central at 410 & IH-10 in a great neighborhood. Many neighborhoods that ARE nice will sometimes have pockets of not so nice Let me know where you are looking & I'll try & trouble shoot you!
Not sure what parenting or lifestyle you're into, but I'm more AP (attachment parenting) & breastfeeding friendly & have connected with my tribes I also homeschool & have found great support for that too.
I'm semi crunchy so I like some natural stuff, but don't really go whole hog. We have LOTS of Farmer's Mkts, few natural foods stores, even a couple places that mill grain for you (though I haven't ventured there yet!)
I don't do daycare, so can't really be too much help there.
What else? Lots of museums, 2 big theme parks, lots of great playground parks. VERY diverse culture, although predominantly Mexican/Hispanic, so there are alot of billboards in certain areas that are in Spanish

Anything else, feel free to ask!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
stompykitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Where will your hubs be stationed, BAMC? Forgot to ask that I was kinda assuming cuz you were looking into Converse!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We will be stationed in Sam Houston in April so I will be watching this thread.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
stompykitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness! RIGHT after having your new baby it looks like! Hope all goes as smoothly as possible!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah we fly out of here four weeks after my due date. We haven't found a house yet as The Hubby wants to ensure its within driving distance of his unit and that the neighborhood is okay but its still crazy lol.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
ARogers
Registered Users
seller
seller

We're also moving to SA in a few months. So I'll be watching for info.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
ARogers
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
Yeah we fly out of here four weeks after my due date. We haven't found a house yet as The Hubby wants to ensure its within driving distance of his unit and that the neighborhood is okay but its still crazy lol.
I totally understand. We actually flew out there over Christmas Break to look for places. We didn't make any progress though.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
stompykitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! Lotsa mamas coming to SA-town! Anything at all you wanna know I'm happy to oblige! Although must warn ya, we're not at all into clubs & pop culture So I'm not help there!