Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Thank you all so much for your encouragement and wisdom! I will be using many of you suggestions to make sure that this does bot happen to my son again. My husband and I have been thinking about homeschooling starting in kindergarten and this whole experience has really lead us to believe that will be our best option for the future since this was not the first bad experience from public school and ds has only been enrolled since last august.

Sarah, Wife to Jeremy, Mama to Aiden 5/08 Cora 1/12 and Sophie 4/14
Heirloom Quilts, T-shirt Quilts, Custom Quilts, Aprons
slyeates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I feel like a horrible Mom today

I hope the week has went better and he's started to enjoy it.

I had to go though the same thing on the 3rd myself. Jake freaked out and screamed for me. I worried about him all day long, then here he comes home happy as a clam on the bus and has been going with no problems since that day. The teacher has called me and told me that he's transitioned easier than most of the kids in her class. Phew! my little man. He's been dx'd with anixety and delayed speech/motor skills. I also think some sensory issues. You should see him though, he runs for that bus like he's on fire, SCHOO! he yells, so excited to get on the bus and go. it's amazing. lol I feel the teacher was also out of line. She should of understood your child has some issues (hense the preschool) and dealt with him a bit easier when she could tell he was upset. It was uncalled for.

I've been though the drop off before. It's never easy. My daughter (Dx'd with SEVERE anixety and apparently Autism, but no one believes the autism part, we think the anixety is just covering up anything else) FREAKED OUT so bad the first day of kindergarten it took 3 teachers to hold her back, she kicked and screamed and ended up spending some time with the counselor (this was before any kind of diagnosis) I had to run out of the building to my car to sit and cry, then cry all the way home, then cry some more and wait till she got home, fighting the urge to go check on her..It was terrible, and I figured she would come home saying she never wanted to go back, and I was ready to homeschool after that day.. but what do you know? she came home loving it! She was sad she was home. lol Kids can surprise you. I sure hope yours has.
Jennifer; Mom to:
Miranda Isabel(ASD/Anxiety/ODD/SPD) (10) Jacob David(Anxiety/SPD)(6)
& Levi Alexander(ASD/Anxiety/SPD) (3)
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I feel like a horrible Mom today

Jeanne, blessed wife to my best friend EJ , SAHM to
spectrum E 09/06, 06/08, Wyn 10/09, Rose 10/11 & River 03/14
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote