Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
seton
Registered Users
seller

Which covers fit over Sandy's?

I like the MEAF a lot because it seems he does better with more air circulation. Are there other options out there? My favorite flips and econobums just don't work and I don't have enough wool to use just that. My ideal would be: more breathable, pull on, trim, inexpensive and fit well over large sandys. I can sacrifice trim and pull on but the others are a must.
Thank you!

Advertisement

seton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
seton
Registered Users
seller

I should add that the only reason I'm looking for other options is because he has woken with red marks the past two nights. However, I think I could be snapping the sandys to tight around the thighs so I will loosen those tonight and see what happens!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Which covers fit over Sandy's?

We use a disana wool cover and love it. You can get them in a co-op for $21 new or about that same price used on FSOT. I got used because it was pre-felted, night-proven and lanolized. Since I was a newbie to wool, it was easier for me to take the plunge with a pre-loved wool soaker.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seton View Post
I should add that the only reason I'm looking for other options is because he has woken with red marks the past two nights. However, I think I could be snapping the sandys to tight around the thighs so I will loosen those tonight and see what happens!
Definitely loosen the sandies. We've never gotten red marks on my chubby baby's thighs but they fit good and snug.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
beyoung
Registered Users
seller

How about the Stacinator So Simple cover? We sometimes use one at night over a Sandy's stuffed with a trifolded prefold - that diaper is huge and the Stacinator easily fits over with room to spare. An added bonus are the fleece leg and waist bands - no red marks!!

Last edited by beyoung; 01-12-2012 at 08:54 AM.
beyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I second Stacinator, any roomy fleece soaker would do, also. Fleece longies would be another great option.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also think that fleece soakers/fleece longies will be a good fit and breathable as well. Fleece/wool soakers tend to be more full cut for better coverage

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
seton
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the suggestions! I should have clarified though, I'm primarily looking for a daytime cover to go under clothes. I have three disana soakers (love!) for night time. I also have made several pairs of fleece longies but find that people mistake them for pajama pants AND they get compression leaks all the time and I usually end up with a big pee spot when babywearing...so I'm not feeling the fleece love these days. I am working on my first longies but it's taking forever so I need something in the meantime!
Maybe the solution is as simple as loosening the sandy's ! That would be nice
Old 01-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did you add the extra layer of fleece through the wet-zone in your fleece longies? That should take care of compression leaks as long as the diaper isn't super soaked (and if it is then maybe try adding a doubler).

As far as the "pj pants look" I think if you stick with solid colors, especially darker/neutral colors, they will look more like pants and less like cute jammies

I've read many posts about the coverage/easy-on/breathability of Bummis super whisper pants that are made of nylon and scrunch down under clothing...maybe try those?

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
MomBecks
Registered Users

Gen-Y Simplicity or Classic! I think the Universals are better for trifolding than bulky fitteds.