Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you tried having her take coconut oil? You can also use it topically and it may help.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #12
Powersmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bad dandruff in preteen

I second the Jason brand shampoo. If you have a health food store near you they will special order it for you. It's pretty much the only thing that is working on my dhs scalp. It's in a brown bottle.
Powersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #13
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if I have psoriasis but I've had problems with dry scalp forever. I'm over 30 so I suppose it could be age based too. I've tried anti dandruff, anti dry scalp, tgel, rosemary, peppermint, tea tree... nothing. The Aubrey Organics Rosemary Shampoo did work and smell the best though.

What has made the most impact, though, is oil. Any oil, I think. And a good quality leave in treatment. I also don't use any cheap products on my hair; I buy my stuff from discount stores and basically just use what I can get my hands on. My current hair buffet is: Bedhead shampoo, Bedhead conditioner, Peter Copollo olive oil conditioner (as leave in), an organic olive and moroccan oil leave in (I switch back and forth), a morrocan oil treatment (can use wet or dry), and an african american shea butter/oil that I use when my hair is drier than normal. I akmost never have flakiness now.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone. Yes, she got it from me- I have eczema. I am going to start trying some of ya'lls suggestions asap.