Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
Yellow Jewel
Registered Users
seller

Snow Day!

So we have our first snow day today....only there isn't snow on the ground.
I think there were some icy streets that kept us out.

DS is sad b/c today he was going to get to visit the school library to check out a book (too bad our city libraries are closed on Friday).

If you have a snow day today...what fun things are you doing? I know staying inside can be mindless somedays.

Advertisement

Yellow Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

well,we have a snow day but my los aren't in school yet. I did let them go out for about five min. lol right now they are playing pirates. we are gonna do some baking later.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
aliciamarie632
Registered Users
seller

Re: Snow Day!

We are having indoor snow fun. It's too cold for me to take my 9month old out and the boys aren't old enough to play outside alone (4 and 2). We brought in a big rubbermaid/bucket type thing full of snow. They sat at the table with spoons, pots and pans and made snow soup and snow muffins. Then we got out icecream cones and a scoop to make snow cones. Now they are having a snow-ball fight in the kitchen with what's left over
Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
Shaunam
Registered Users

I homeschool, but DS's buddy has a snow day so we decided to skip school as well, so they can play together alllll day!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
MamaJax2010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We bring the snow inside too. Play -doh is always a hit...personally I like laundry parties...where we dump all the clean clothes (I HATE putting away laundry) onto the living room floor and everyone helps put it away...even the baby crawls in the pile. Lol! My oldest got Sooo excited the first time we did this...not anymore. Lol!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Yellow Jewel
Registered Users
seller

Fun! I never thought to bring the snow in where they could play in it without getting bundled up (that takes 20 min for 5 min of play!). Its probably less of a mess and easier clean up than playing in dried rice and beans.

Laundry party sounds fun since the kids clothes do sit in the baskets after being clean for an undisclosed amount of time.
I have a 5 yo, 2.5 yo, 11 mo old. The oldest two have discovered how fun it is to use pillows and blankets to make tents and forts in the playroom around the couch and such.
Yellow Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciamarie632
We are having indoor snow fun. It's too cold for me to take my 9month old out and the boys aren't old enough to play outside alone (4 and 2). We brought in a big rubbermaid/bucket type thing full of snow. They sat at the table with spoons, pots and pans and made snow soup and snow muffins. Then we got out icecream cones and a scoop to make snow cones. Now they are having a snow-ball fight in the kitchen with what's left over
we do this alot too.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

our snow day has been me cleaning this house. This work week was insane, I needed the day for 12 loads of laundry and other cleaning. We'll make cookies and play boards games after supper