Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Preschool Behavior Issues

Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
His impulse control development was just behind other kids his age so no amount of punishment or reward helped him. He could flat out tell you what he did was wrong and why, but he just couldn't stop himself from doing it. By the time he was 4, it wasn't such an issue.
This sounds so much like DS!! DH said last night that he thinks DS might be seeking attention from his friends, like a class clown tries to be funny. On the way home from preschool yesterday, DS was talking about the things he did at school. He said "I bopped my friends heads into the window!" I told him that hurts his friends and wasn't nice, then asked if he wanted to hurt his friends. He emphatically said, "Noooo!!! I want to make my friends happy!"

Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
If he really is ready to go down for a nap that early, can you adjust his schedule at home so that he is ready later? It really is ok to back off. I wish I had been in a position to do this for my firstborn.
DS seemingly gets enough sleep. It's very obvious when he needs more sleep! We've actually tried to adjust his schedule, but he won't have it. He goes to bed around 7:30-8, then he wakes up about 5:30am most days. We've tried pushing his bedtime a little later (not much later, DH and I go to bed about 9:30 most nights), but he still wakes up early - 6:30 is about as late as he ever sleeps, and that's rare. He naps 2-3 hours per day - even on preschool days.

I found a morning program 3 days a week for moms and kids under 6 at the kids discovery center not far from DS's preschool. I don't know anything about it really, so I'm going to check it out next week to see if that might work for DS. I expect that it only lasts for an hour or so, which sounds good!

Lindsay, hanging out with my boys - Big Brother B (5/09) and Little P (4/12). Twin girls expected 1/16!
LnzsOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
My Mood:

It sounds like an hour in the car plus all the time at preschool is just too much for him right now.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: kjwa***n

The preschools in our area still nap at that age. Some do a rest time through age 4...the kids just take a nap mat with them. Do you have the option to check other schools in the area to see if they do naps? I think it's good for moms to have a little time to themselves if they want it
kjo is offline   Reply With Quote