Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #31
Oakleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: t***om
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

Will be back with pics of a 14 week old 21 lb chubster in DR medium (green), and maybe large (orange) for funsies.

Advertisement

Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #32
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AZmommy, I love the greens and the oranges. I would get some of each. It is odd but I seem to be able to snappi the orange DR without folding them down. The last time I used the orange DR, I didn't fold it down at all and it fit fine. The greens are the perfect fit on my LO, but the oranges really do work too. I don't know why this is, lol, but they are both working well on him. I want to get some more of each of them!

I have tried flats, well only half-heartedly, but I did not care for the extra folding. I didn't like having to fold them out of the wash, and then fold them again when putting them on, and then adding a doubler, etc. I guess I just prefer prefolds. They seem simpler to me. But you never know. Maybe some day I will find the flats love.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #33
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
AZmommy, I love the greens and the oranges. I would get some of each. It is odd but I seem to be able to snappi the orange DR without folding them down. The last time I used the orange DR, I didn't fold it down at all and it fit fine. The greens are the perfect fit on my LO, but the oranges really do work too. I don't know why this is, lol, but they are both working well on him. I want to get some more of each of them!
Thanks for this. I've always apprciated flats but my heart lies with prefolds. I do think I might try getting a few of each size and seeing which works best.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #34
Aussie Mumma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I received my GMD red unbleached prefolds last week, i was hoping they would be an awsome fit on my 10.5 month who is roughly 20lbs. They do fit but no great.. I am finding the rise to long and i am in need of a tad more width! Do you think GMD wide baby could work?

I love my prefolds and i am on the quest to find a perfect fit!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #35
babymamma
Registered Users
seller

Which prefolds would work best with a 7-10lb newborn and could be used later on as an insert in a pocket diaper? Yellow GMDs?

Which covers do you like for the newborn phase?
babymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #36
mylilboyblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This thread is GREAT! Thank you so much for your comparisons. I am having a hard time figuring out what size is best for my 18 month old, 23lb, DS. Right now we are in between mediums and larges. Mediums would be great if they fit in width and larges are too tall in the rise. Sigh.

Anyway I wanted to ask all the prefold Mamas what their favorite prefold covers are? I love aplix flips but the prefolds are too wide for them? Does anyone like BSWW?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #37
famaza
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like my Bummis SWWs- the aplix is so quick to put on and take off on a squirmy,wriggly toddler (20 mth,26lbs)who wont stay still while I change him!!The prints are cute too!I have prerolds from Little Lions and like them!This thread had no info on them I guess because they are no longer available.
Anyways, thanks to all the mamas for such cute and valuable info!!
famaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #38
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bump
Old 01-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #39
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, now for mamas needing help with medium prefolds that are wide enough, but not too long.... I will get a picture of the wide baby, green DR, red GMD unbleached and the OsoCozy brown toddler size. Those are the ones I think you'd want to consider for that situation. If your baby is younger, you may be okay with the wide baby, but for older babies/toddlers I'd rule that one out and consider the other three.

The GMD organics are too narrow, I think if I am remembering right. The organic fabric does not have as much give, so they run a bit smaller. The Zabi rainbows are more for long and lean babies. They have a taller rise and are not as wide as the DR green.

ETA: Here are a couple of pics I had already taken:

I will get some better pics when I can, but do those help?

Last edited by MamaJoyful; 01-16-2012 at 08:53 AM.
MamaJoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #40
Aussie Mumma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJoyful View Post
Okay, now for mamas needing help with medium prefolds that are wide enough, but not too long.... I will get a picture of the wide baby, green DR, red GMD unbleached and the OsoCozy brown toddler size. Those are the ones I think you'd want to consider for that situation. If your baby is younger, you may be okay with the wide baby, but for older babies/toddlers I'd rule that one out and consider the other three.

The GMD organics are too narrow, I think if I am remembering right. The organic fabric does not have as much give, so they run a bit smaller. The Zabi rainbows are more for long and lean babies. They have a taller rise and are not as wide as the DR green.

ETA: Here are a couple of pics I had already taken:

I will get some better pics when I can, but do those help?
Yes thank you! This thread is so helpful! I decided to go with Zabi prefolds rainbow edge. ( Such wonderful customer service i received at Zabi!) I will aslo order some Diaper Rite Greens next pay. I love the look of the width on the wide baby but i know the rise will not last long as bubs is 11 months. I will post some pics when i receive my prefolds. I will hold on to my GMD reds and maybe they will fit better when bubs is walking, i am not a fan of trifolding!