Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #251
Beaner's Mom
Registered Users
seller

Ok, yesterday was a good day. I slept lots and only had one bout of nausea while eating a late lunch. Then I decided I'd take my vitamins. BIG mistake! HUGE! I tossed and turned all night with nausea. I'm still feeling a bit rough this morning (it doesn't help any that DS has had me up since 4:30). Anyway, this afternoon we have our first appointment with the realtor to discuss the house we want to buy this spring. So I hope I'm feeling better by then.

My house is a disaster! I keep waiting for DH to get so frustrated with it that his does his whirlwind cleaning thing...but it doesn't seem to be happening. Oh, well, I can wait him out

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #252
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

What a fun day, martha! Glad to hear your stories!

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #253
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly chat Jan 9-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
If I can just make it to 16 weeks, I know I'll start feeling less grey. Does anyone else have depression during pregnancy?
Sorry to hear about your depression. I've found out that no one really understands depression unless they have had it themselves. I have had it mildly in my teens, and a lil during pregnancy, but have so far been OK enuf to stay off meds since before DD was in the picture.
When I got the 12 hr flu this weekend, I was sooo there. I am normally never sick, then 2 mo of feeling krappy, and then no sleep b/c I was puking, and then morning came, and I wasn't sure if it was flu or the baby's 'fault', and being stuck in the house, with no energy to move.....it soo not like me, and I was really getting in the dumps. DH was awesome, but asked me about names when we went to bed...I told him at that point 'pain in the ***' was sounding good . I feel aweful about that now.
Anyone else feeling abnormally hot? I had it with DD, and I've been really hot at night, so I have a hard time sleeping, and today I'm wearing a Tshirt. (yeah, supposed to snow here today ) If that's the the case, this is going to be a LONG summer !

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #254
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

I did start a new thread for this week, FYI!

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #255
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Originally Posted by JAG's baby mama
So I had my u/s today and both babies were gone. My HCG was still at 26,000 and I have no bleeding or cramping. We will be discussing a D&C on Monday.

I wish everyone a H&H 9 mos. I would have loved to have made this journey with you, but it was not to be. that there are no more loses. You have a great DD group.

Take care.

I am soooo sorry mama.

We had cheese fondue earlier in the week and DH left it on the counter "to soak"... I cleaned it at 9 a.m. this morning and was gagging in the sink :P YUCK! I will be 8 weeks Thursday, and will have an u/s sometime around then.. I'm nervous & excited. Also glad I'm not the only one who already has heartburn.. crazy!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #256
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecatn1 View Post
It's because of the phosphorus in soda. There are receptors in your body that can accept phos or calcium. When you take in phosphorus it binds with those receptors so your body can't absorb the calcium. That's your nerd info for the day :-)
That is really interesting. I knew it did something to your calcium but I didn't know that. Ugh calcium has become an issue for me. I don't drink milk to begin with, and now I can't have it (only skim) and no cheese. Most things that have calcium also seem to have fat. I'm a litle worried about that, and all the stupid nurse could tell me was "ask your dr" which is great but I'd like to get the calcium in sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Ive been second guessing my decision not to have a dating us.
What do u ladies think? Is it really that important? The baby could have been conceived on the 23 if i ovied on time or if i ovied late then on the 26th so my dates couldnt possiy be that off right?
I think if you don't want one, then don't. There's not that big of a gap. I like seeing the baby so I do one. I'm waiting for mine because when I had one in the ER on Christmas Eve the baby was measuring a week behind, and I want to see where it's at and make sure it's growing ok. I am pretty positive I ovulated late, otherwise I wouldn't be pregnant because we were out of the danger zone, but I don't know how late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post
Yvonne, so so sorry, praying for you!

I'm feeling better. Not nearly as sick, but if I don't eat I start to get light headed and cranky! 10 weeks 2 days... I had to break out the maternity and it feels so good to have the comfy pants on! Why don't we always wear comfy stretchy pants?????
I'm losing weight and I told DH I wanted to break out my maternity pants. Stretchy elastic is clothes heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
I am feeling SO depressed these days. Dh is being the perfect husband/ dad and I am just moping around. I get depressed with every preg, but this is by far the worst. I am still pretty tired and somewhat nauseous, but the depression is really the worst at this point. Thinking about the past and every bad decision I've ever made. Right now I feel ok, but yesterday I was crying and freaking out for hours, which I am hiding from Dh because he is a total Pollyanna and while he doesn't mind ms or fatigue, he can't handle if someone is depressed.

If I can just make it to 16 weeks, I know I'll start feeling less grey. Does anyone else have depression during pregnancy?

Well, I'm going to drag myself out of bed now to find a snack.
I felt like this with DS, my whole pregnancy and then I ended up with PP depression afterwards. It was horrible. I find myself freaking out sometimes, but I think a lot of that is due to the surprise aspect of this baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwexMa View Post
Anyone else feeling abnormally hot? I had it with DD, and I've been really hot at night, so I have a hard time sleeping, and today I'm wearing a Tshirt. (yeah, supposed to snow here today ) If that's the the case, this is going to be a LONG summer !
I wake up sweating at night! It sucks because our house is cold, and I'm wearing really thin pants and a tshirt and wake up soaking wet and have to get out of bed and feed DD. I end up freezing, but once I get back in bed I'm sweating again. During the day though...I'm freezing!
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #257
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc12551

I am cooking potato soup right now and the smell of the onions is making me sick. I will update the appointment thread in a minute.
Went to my parents the other day and they were making French onion soup it felt like it took days to get the smell off of me the coat the car it seemed to stick to everything.

Married to DH 4 years, DD born 3/2009
sonitaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #258
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Who has the best recycled soaker patterns for newbies? Anyone know?
I use the Sweet Baby Soaker pattern from All Wired Up on hyenacart and I SWEAR by it. I've tried several free patterns and a couple other bought patterns. The Sweet Baby fit my skinny dd and chunky ds both. I found it totally worth the $.

HTH!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote