Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #21
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *May 2011 Mamas - January Chat*

Glad you got some sleep Julia! I've had too many of those "on the verge" days to count, DH thinks DS just cut another tooth which could explain his sleeping habits, or not. You never really know I guess.

This past week, with the only change I made to our bedtime routine was actually starting one (bath, then we both put on jammies, then read two short books, then nurse to sleep), DS slept longer stretches than he has in what feels like months. One night, he actually gave me a 4-5 hour stretch, felt soooo good! Last night it was up-every-3-hours but even that was better than every hour. We've also been consistent with the actual bed time in addition to the routine. My next step is to *attempt* not to let DS fall asleep in bed next to me while I fall asleep (that side is the good boob, my slacker/lazy boob is on the side his crib side), rather wait until he falls asleep then move him over to his crib--letting him sleep as much as possible in his space rather than snuggled against me. I love the snuggling, but that's part of the reason he doesn't sleep as long in his crib I think, he wants to be right up against me. Hoping to be able to dedicate the next month-ish to DS's sleep patterns...

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 02:08 AM   #22
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Hi girls :-) I'm checking in. Lol. I've been trying to limit my DS time because... I need to stop buying diapers. Ugh! I just can't resist checking out the boards! :-/. But I'm getting pretty frustrated with not finding a diaper that works for my girl! They're too big, too small, serging chafes her, gaping legs, and it goes on and on. Sigh. I'm just about ready to give up.

We've had a couple of rough patches of her not sleeping, but thank goodness we cosleep. She actually did sleep two full nights in her crib lol. I woke up VERY full and sore. I love Darius Rucker, so I remind myself about his song, "It won't be like this for long.".

She just turned 8 months old and I feel so sad that my last baby is growing so fast!! She still hates to be on her tummy, and is not showing any interest in crawling or rolling, but she does "scoot" on her butt while sitting. Sigh, and the teeth?! OUCH! Both middle upper and lower are in. Eeeks and she grinds her teeth. Oh, my ears. :-/
Old 01-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #23
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippytoe View Post
I love Darius Rucker, so I remind myself about his song, "It won't be like this for long.".
Now that I have a LO, this song brings tears to my eyes every time. I love it though and it's so true
Old 01-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #24
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

It must be a rough week for sleeping. DD is struggling a bit because she and DS and I have all had a nasty cold we're passing around. Sigh. We are co-sleeping too. Usually DS comes into bed with us around 3am but last night I slept in the middle with the baby on one side and my 3yo DS on the other and just rolled from one side to the other to comfort them. It was overwhelming and so sweet at the same time.

I actually am going to be trying to limit my online time a lot more too, here and just in general. It is just a distraction for me. I love chatting with all of you but while I'm logged on I find myself browsing, reading, replying to things I honestly am not all that interested in. And then more time than I'd like to admit has passed... :-/
Old 01-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #25
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So glad to see that May 2011 is still here! The last year has been so hard! I can't believe next week it will be one year since I was checked into the hospital. I enjoyed reading the updates.

My girls are doing very well. They are delayed as expected but pretty healthy.

Happy belated New Year all!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #26
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
So glad to see that May 2011 is still here! The last year has been so hard! I can't believe next week it will be one year since I was checked into the hospital. I enjoyed reading the updates.

Oh wow!!! They are beautiful! I'm so glad you checked in. And happy to hear your girls are both doing well.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #27
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
Oh wow!!! They are beautiful! I'm so glad you checked in. And happy to hear your girls are both doing well.
I love your little feet sticking out of the longies picture! Too cute! And all those little parts grow way too fast...
Old 01-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #28
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
I love your little feet sticking out of the longies picture! Too cute! And all those little parts grow way too fast...
Aw thanks! I could just eat those chubby feet up sometimes. You're right, they do grow too fast!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #29
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So completely OT but I had to share because I'm totally stoked: I worked out for the first time today in ages, but it was not a normal workout, nope. I took a pole dancing class. Oh. Yeah. Ridiculously fun and I'm so excited to go back! A friend of mine has been going for a month and raves about it so I tried it out because classes are only $5 each this month. DH watched the baby while I took class and I will totally be going back regularly, it's enough fun to keep me interested and enough exercise to keep me guilt-free Can't say I feel terribly sexy doing any of the moves, but I executed a really cool spin and have felt awesome all day long. I'm sure I'll be soooo sore tomorrow but it'll be completely worth it!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #30
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon

OMGosh, they are TOO cute! So glad they are doing well

~Rachel