Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #201
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2,012 items in 2012

Several hundred items are on their way out of our basement tonight!

Advertisement

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #202
MattiMaman
Registered Users
seller

2 garbage bags full of clothes and linens for the ARC to pick up tomorrow, plus a bunch of tossed junk = 44 more items out today!

377 total
MattiMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #203
dywags
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Last night we cleaned our room and threw out probably 25 more items (maybe more but DH did most of it so I'm just guessing)

That's 1899 left
dywags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #204
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Shoot I wish I had seen this at the beginning of the year. Actually we did a big December purge so this will be a bit of a challenge for me. But I want to join in! So far this year: Two garbage bags of random linens & textiles, 5 or so frames, about a dozen books. Bedroom set: bed, nightstand, mirror, dresser. Two boxes of chopsticks, two toys, 3 binders. Guesstimated total: 45 items More to come later today.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #205
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbz2002
Wasn't able to actually purge a lot of things today, unless you count each of the individual sea shells that I threw out (probably around 30), and I went through dd's hair stuff and got rid of those that had pieces missing or just wasn't looking the greatest (probably a bunch more). I also divided all the things, I put them into little bags for korkers/clips/large hair ties/small hair ties/headbands. It just looks so much more organized! She has a ton but the hair ties tend to break so I'm not purging those as they will probably make their own way out eventually. But it's so nice and relaxing to have them all organized and divided. No more looking for those small hair ties.

I did throw away 5 old bras that just didn't really fit or were wayyyy too worn. But I bought 3 more in their place so I'm really only down 2
Sounds like you did great! And I wouldn't feel bad about replacing old worn out bras. You still did great! Lots of things gone and then organized. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #206
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So over the weekend we got rid of another 80 items.

Brings us to 386 so far.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #207
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It ended up being over 500 items out of our basement! My DH is dead set on reaching the goal too and is purging like crazy.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

Old 01-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #208
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
It ended up being over 500 items out of our basement! My DH is dead set on reaching the goal too and is purging like crazy.
Can yhou have your DH call mine.. would be so much easy and faster if I could get DH on board and I didn't have to argue about getting rid of things.

The other day I sold one thing on craigslist and DH said "why we might use it". My reply was well, we already have one and we don't use it and it's been in the box now for 4 years!!! He argued with me that we don't have one, I had to bring him downstairs and show him where we have it. His reply was "well what if we need two". My reply was "it's been 4 years and we haven't used 1". Let me get rid of it.

He did but seriously the arguement was so dumb. He just wants to hold onto stuff "just incase". I still have stuff new in the box from when we got married almost 10 years ago that he doesn't want me getting rid of. It's frustrating.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #209
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbz2002 View Post
Can yhou have your DH call mine.. would be so much easy and faster if I could get DH on board and I didn't have to argue about getting rid of things.

The other day I sold one thing on craigslist and DH said "why we might use it". My reply was well, we already have one and we don't use it and it's been in the box now for 4 years!!! He argued with me that we don't have one, I had to bring him downstairs and show him where we have it. His reply was "well what if we need two". My reply was "it's been 4 years and we haven't used 1". Let me get rid of it.

He did but seriously the arguement was so dumb. He just wants to hold onto stuff "just incase". I still have stuff new in the box from when we got married almost 10 years ago that he doesn't want me getting rid of. It's frustrating.
This is how my in-laws are and my DH is becoming the opposite because he sees how it's destroyed their home to keep things "just in case". He loves things looking clean and uncluttered.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #210
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

111 books, 13 melamine plates, 1 towel, 2 corningware dishes, 1 candle, 1 frame, 1 glass jar, 1 box of bobbins, 2 tupperware containers, 1 strange metal bar no idea what it was from, 12 days of christmas glasses (shed a tear with these, but one broke so good bye), 1 storage box, 2 skirts, 1 nightgown, 5 skeins of yarn, 2 wooden art boxes
=156 items plus 45 items= 201 items

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote