Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
love.my.babies.lots
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I miscarried but I'm not sure

I have been preventing so it was a big shock last week when I got a BFP. A few days later I had about 12 hours of medium period like bleeding followed by around 24 hours of heavy period like bleeding. No clots. I went for bloodwork this morning to be sure, but I'm wondering if any one else has experienced this? I really thought it was a miscarriage, but it was so mild that I just don't know...

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think I miscarried but I'm not sure

Personally No, but my BFF went through a lot of bleeding with her 5th pregnancy. All the nurses and docs said she was m/c'ing. Her daughter is now 3.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
love.my.babies.lots
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Personally No, but my BFF went through a lot of bleeding with her 5th pregnancy. All the nurses and docs said she was m/c'ing. Her daughter is now 3.
I know that happens with some people. I had decidual bleeding with two pregnancies before but I never had a heavy flow. There's nothing I can do but wait for lab results, but it is stressful not knowing what's going on with me.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried taking another HPT? A lot of times the lines get fainter to non existant as your hgc levels go down. My last loss, I got several dark positives getting darker. Than one day had cramps and they started getting lighter. By the time the bleeding started they were negative. This took about a two week period. So it's possible to at least have some idea if you take another test until the lab work gets in. It's really possible to go either way. You can bleed and still keep it, or you can bleed and be loosing it. I'll say a little prayer for you to have peace.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
love.my.babies.lots
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Have you tried taking another HPT? A lot of times the lines get fainter to non existant as your hgc levels go down. My last loss, I got several dark positives getting darker. Than one day had cramps and they started getting lighter. By the time the bleeding started they were negative. This took about a two week period. So it's possible to at least have some idea if you take another test until the lab work gets in. It's really possible to go either way. You can bleed and still keep it, or you can bleed and be loosing it. I'll say a little prayer for you to have peace.
I haven't taken another test yet. I guess I'm afraid it will still look positive and then the bloodwork will be bad. Maybe I will get one later this evening. Thanks for your prayers