Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: What do you do about birth control?

After DS, I used the mini pill, and that was nice until my PPAF returned when he was 15months old - then it seemed like I was spotting all the time. After DD was born, I opted for Mirena, and I've been really happy with it so far. No PPAF yet, and it didn't affect my supply at all.

Jenifer ~ Cloth diaper lovin' scientist mom to Isaac (09/08) and Evelyn (09/11)
isaacsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
Registered Users
Condoms. It sucks, but I prefer it to hormonal bc.
loonyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
Re: What do you do about birth control?

With my first I went on the mini pill at the 6 week pp appointment. This time around we [still] don't use anything. My first PP AF showed up this weekend but she seems to be on here way out. My LO is 14 months today. I told myself I wanted to wait until she was at least 12 months before going on BC and that I would wait until AF showed up, but now that time has come, I really don't want to go on anything. I _hate_ condoms so that's not an option for us. Before getting pregnant I was on the Nuva Ring and I loved it, but I really don't want to lose any milk since DD is very much attached to nursing still and I didn't want to mess with a hormone method while nursing again. Since I wouldn't be sad if we had an oops I pretty much leave it up to hubby on what he wants to do. He can either be careful (lol, as much as he can with that method) or get snipped (which he doesn't want to do yet... maybe when he's 30 ). I do plan on checking CM and CP but since LO still nurses throughout the night/early morning I don't want to chance the temping since I don't' wake up the same time each day.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote