Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: anyone have recurring plugged ducts?

I do have one spot that has a recurring clogged duct that I have to pay attention to. When I take *at least* 4 lecithin capsules a couple of times a day, it clears it up pretty quickly. I should really take lecithin every day as a preventative, probably.

I have also heard of women having success with ultrasound therapy of the clogged spot, so that's something to consider if you can't get it to go away yourself.

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
I got them early on a lot - my supply kept going up rapidly. Avoid the underwire bras and take LECITHIN. There's info on kellymom about it. I took it a lot to keep them at bay. I imagine when DS weans, I'll be back on it. They suck, and you need to make sure they get out or they can turn to mastitis! Never tried the cabbage, but I heard good things. So sorry mama
Good advice. Careful with the cabbage, though. It works really well and since you are nursing an older baby, you might just dry up all the way with a little cabbage use.

ETA: Doh! I just re-read your post and realized you said you weaned, as in past tense! Sorry! You can definitely try the cabbage! My only concern would be that if you have a plugged duct, and you dry things up completely, then it may not be able to come out and then you could end up with mastitis! So, maybe try the lecethin, massage/hand expression and warm shower first to see if you can move the clog out. Then, when the plugged duct it resolved, use the cabbage to dry things up to help prevent another from forming. HTH.

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 01-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

one of my favorite methods for a clog is rubbing in castor oil, then heat for ten minutes or so, then deep massage, then a shower, then pump. I've had several clogs, and the times I got mastitis from them was from opening my nipple. Altho, sometimes thats the only way to get it out.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
karaintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok started the lechtin and the lump is almost gone. I also got a horrendous flu bug so that might have been part of the issue?
I'm going to the Dr tomorrow. I hate going but we are going to be w/o insurance for abt 3 mos and I want to make sure all is ok while we are still covered.
Its like 1/2 the size of a pea so it shrank down alot. How long do I take the lechtin??
Old 01-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
karaintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Double post.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Take the lecithin until it's resolved. I'm glad it seems to be helping!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
karaintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake
Take the lecithin until it's resolved. I'm glad it seems to be helping!
thanks mama