Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
MommyMilktm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Supply issues and need Domperidone

Hi mama's

I feel defeated I believe I'm having some supply issues and my baby is only 4 weeks old! I have two other children and I didn't have any trouble BFing them at all, I actually had oversupply issues. I had a surgery where they had to remove a portion of my stomach and I'm assuming that's the reason for the supply issues, otherwise I have no idea

She has been at the breast all day everyday for the past two weeks, and I mean all day not even a 20 minute break. She is up all day nursing, she doesn't nap at all. It's literally off one side, on to the other and fussing at the breast. She has pretty much stopped gaining also, I haven't supplemented and just breastfeed her on demand which is all day long, I can't pump because I literally don't have a break long enough.

I've been taking Fenugreek for two days now but I'm going to have to stop today, as every joint in my body is aching and some in excruciating pain . I've never felt this was before and it's got to be the Fenugreek. I did add Blessed Thistle to the mix yesterday but it was starting before that.

It's been almost 3 days on the Fenugreek and I don't see a difference at all, and yes I smell like maple syrup. So I guess it's ok that I stop, I can't continue anyway with this pain.

I really need to use the Domperidone but where can I buy it with fast shipping that won't cost me a fortune, also a reliable place? Is there a forum that it's allowed to be bought and sold on?
I'm just in dire need and really don't want to give my baby girl any formula so I need it asap.

Thanks for any info

Advertisement

♥ Breast Milk Pendants ♥My ISO MommyMilk® Creations ~Nursing/maternity tanks/night shirts, Tutu's, crayon rolls, coffee cozies and more!~ Donate broken crayons to Crayons for Cancer, please PM me for info.
MommyMilktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Supply issues and need Domperidone

Have her latch checked! Sounds like she isn't transferring well. Could be many causes, but if you've successfully bf before, there's no reason you can't now. Removing part of your stomach won't affect your supply unless you are unable to consume enough calories.
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
blathnat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely see a LC if you were able to breastfeed in the past but are having trouble now, make sure everything is ok with her latch.

A common culprit of low supply is an under active thyroid- and that is something that can change as you get older so I would get that checked out too.

As for the domperidone- I got it at inhousepharmacy dot biz and it took about 10 days to get to me.

I eventually stopped taking it because it gave me excruciating headaches.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

I ordered from inhouse pharmacy but shipping is from Canada and the med isn't cheap but I figure it is worth it
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
MommyMilktm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the info! I found a place online ( (clickremedy) hopefully shipping won't take too long.

It's not her latch, we've seen two LC's that checked her latch. They have to check it in the hospital (breast first hospital and entire state actually) her latch is great and her transfer must be fine as she had gained 1lb 9oz at her 2 week visit.

It's got to be my supply . It does seem to be a little more today though and all I've been taking is the Blessed Thistle tincture, so that's good news.

Thanks again!
♥ Breast Milk Pendants ♥My ISO MommyMilk® Creations ~Nursing/maternity tanks/night shirts, Tutu's, crayon rolls, coffee cozies and more!~ Donate broken crayons to Crayons for Cancer, please PM me for info.
MommyMilktm is offline   Reply With Quote