Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
jkoopmans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool 101? Convert me! ;)

Oh my goodness I'm so excited to try some! I was planning on getting a couple wool covers to try mostly just for sleeping times (we almost always got compression leaks with my 2nd and I gave up CD-ing just him for a while because of it! Lol
Now with my new diapers and trying some wool I'm freakin stoked to try and see how it all works for us! sounds fun! Lol

...ooh baby wearing is a good idea too! I hated when I'd get moist from the diaper spot after wearing him for very long!

Advertisement

jkoopmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
jkoopmans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok I have another question... Looking at some of the upcycled sweater Longies and etc, I could totally make these too! Does it have to be 100% or some particular special amount of wool in the sweater? ...and anyone know how I'd do the initial 'lanolinizing' Id assume would need to be done?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have A question about compression leaking here: if my 2mo pees through a SBish fitted and the disana soaker on top is soaked through and the clothes are damp in the morning, could that be compression leaking if she does not move during those 12hours of sleep?
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #14
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've wanted to try wool, but it seems a little weird. At least to get started with it. Not sure about the feel, like how to tell when it's ready to be lanolized. Just the questions that will probably be resolved once we give it a try.

We got some great deals at a garage sale and have a stash that's too big, so I'll have to wait a while to try it out. But I'm particularly excited about the little monster one, and the sock monkey with matching shirt. Oober cute!
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #15
OtherSoul
Registered Users

I am aiming to use wool with my newborn from day one! I'm rather crazed about it actually! So excited. I was originally planning to use PUL covers with my fitteds but then I learned about wool and I realized doing all natural fibers would synergize perfectly with my philosophy in life. I don't have a baby yet but building my wool stash is so very pleasurable. Time will tell, but I totally feel it's the right path for me.
OtherSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am trying to make my wool work for night time. My disana cover was damp in the am with a SBish multi fitted and doubled on the outside with a thirsties fab doubler. Te diaper was wet but not dripping wet. So I decided to felt the disana since so many moms swear by it when it is felted, for night.
My question is: how do I know it is enough felted? (I washed it, lanolized, then put in washer in spin cycle to dry it a little and then in dryer on medium then high for about 5-10min.) it looks shrinked compared to before.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #17
jkoopmans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bump (for more questions needing answers -both mine and from other mamas!)
Old 01-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any advice? Please please please!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
hippiemommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: More Questions added ....Wool 101? Convert me! ;)

subbing

My ISO/IHA!
hippiemommie is offline   Reply With Quote