Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Anyone obsessively nesting?

Originally Posted by love being a momma View Post
Yes...I am!!!!!!! I NEVER nested with my girls & with him I am obsessive!!!!! Here is what I have done:

All bathrooms:
scrubbed top to bottom
cabinets cleaned out & organized
Anything on the counter got scrubbed (toothbrush holders, etc)

Pantry emptied & organized
All cabinets emptied & organized
Refrigerator taken completely apart & scrubbed & organized
Cabinets cleaned
Everything on the counters washed
Bought new cleaning supplies & organized
Dishwasher cleaned

Everything taken out & cleaned (hand washed, washer/dryer, dishwasher)
Everything organized & labeled

Bedding made
Curtains made
Painting decor (still working on all of that now)
Clothing washed, folded, or hung in closet

General home cleaning:
crown molding
light fixtures
floors scrubbed

Girls' closet:
shelves moved
clothing combined (we put them in one room)
Bed painted
Drawers organized & clothing cleaned out & stored or passed down

I still feel like I have so much to do...but all the little things I have been putting off are now getting done.
Is it crazy that this would be me in my normal mode? but now that I'm sore and tired I'm "nesting" less than I normally would.

*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
Registered Users

i thought I was really crazy nesting until I read everyone else's lists!! I've been working a lot these past two weeks so I've been too exhausted to really get much done. We moved DS into his new big boy bed in his new room so I emptied out the nursery of all this stuff and have organized the closet to include the new baby's stuff. The dresser is now full of the new baby's clothes, that just need to be washed (I'm waiting on washing them for a few more weeks but it's so hard to wait!!). I've cleaned out the pantry and all the cupboards in the kitchen, the linen closets, the bathroom cabinets, and set up the bookshelf in the living room to finally unpack the boxes of books that have been in the basement since we moved in over a year ago
Nurse, wife to my best friend , mama to Patrick (10/07/09) and Brandon (06/03/12)
magoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
My nesting instinct is being kept in check with all the renos. I'm helping paint the kitchen and thats exhausting! My list is thankfully getting shorter and its getting harder to find stuff to do, which I'm sure SO appreciates.
I hope your renovations get done soon. I cannot imagine going through major renos right now whew! Your last sentence made me chuckle.

Last edited by CuriousElephant; 01-21-2012 at 09:00 PM.
CuriousElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #14
Registered Users

i have been on a huge kick lately too!!! yesterday i cleaned out the master bedroom and cleared away all the clutter and finially got it done the way i like...even hung dh just needs to put up the baseboards and corner trim and it will be done! sooo excited!!
i also cleared out and then re-organized the hall bathroom...still have to fold all the blankets and sheets and find them a new home...but i think i have an idea for those! oh and moved the changing table and cd stuff into the bathroom...still not liking it...but gonna go get a few things to help it along i love shopping for organizing stuff!

today i hope to clean dd1's room and get all the toys put into her closet and then have a huge talk with her about how we onyl get one box down to paly with at a time...unless the item has several boxes..but that we dont getoout every toy we own at the same time!
**Please forgive any typos!!**
Bridget... Married to my bestfriend since '03...
SAHM of 3... Dd1 9/08, dd2 12/10, and ds 4/12
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote