Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have a child with Down syndrome?

I need potty training help! My dd has mosaic Down syndrome and I am so lost with potty training (she's also my oldest so I've never potty trained before at all). She is four and I know it might be later than average but I am having so much trouble telling if she is ready and just stubborn (she can be very stubborn if something is not her idea) or needs more time. She will sit on the potty and has occasionally pooped (usually its dh or I noticing her starting to go and moving her there) and peed maybe a handful of times. She sometimes tells us that she needs to go, but she doesn't mind being wet or dirty (doesn't tell me she needs to be changed). She doesn't usually want to sit on the potty I think mostly because she doesn't want to stop what she's doing. So I don't know if I should push the issue more or wait for her to want it. Sigh, I wish there was a manual complete with steps that was guaranteed to work. Any tips, tricks or ideas for me? How did you know when your dc was ready and when did they potty train?

Advertisement

Last edited by adavieau; 01-20-2012 at 06:36 AM.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote