Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any Dipe Changing Tricks for Squirmy Toddler?

Yep, dd does this as well. First she flips and moons me and then she stands up on the changing table. I do prefolds and a snappy. Maybe it is time for something more pull-upable(is that a word ) like sandy's fitteds.

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sing your heart out! LOL!

No seriously though my DS is only still if I sing and let's just say I don't exactly have professional voice training. He just looks at me with this "wow, my mom is a freak" expression but hey in and out before he knows it.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #13
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

My DD still occasionally does this, I think because she finds it amusing that she can irritate mom so much. I have found that keeping a little squirt bottle of wipes solution (water, or spray rash balm would work too) and squirting the diaper area settles her right down. I discovered this method while cleaning up a particularly nasty diaper. She thinks it's hilarious, and holds still in hopes that she'll get squirted again.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #14
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

Well we were having a major problem with this, and still do. I will sing to her. She loves row row row your boat b/c she can do the hand moevements. And after a good diaper change I give hera big hug and kiss and tell her how much i appreciate her help. I know it sounds corny but its working. Sometimes now when she sees the diaper she gets the changing pad and lays on it. Then she sits in my lap for her hug and kiss. We do still have some bad changes, but mainly when she's sleepy.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #15
rhettsgirl05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been dealing with the very same issue and quite frankly I'm worn out! I actually get all sweaty and frustrated from wrestling with my gigantic almost 1 year old! I try the toy thing, the signing, the farty noises, the silly faces and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It's a crap shoot to be honest. Diaper changes used to be so much fun...now I HATE them.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
PeanutButter'sMommy
T the Terrible Two
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia101 View Post
Sometimes now when she sees the diaper she gets the changing pad and lays on it. Then she sits in my lap for her hug and kiss. We do still have some bad changes, but mainly when she's sleepy.
AHHHHH......I can only HOPE that will be my son someday lol! I'm going to try the hug and kiss thing afterwards....maybe he will get it! I just really hate the thought of having to hold him down, it makes him absolutely furious, obviously. I don't think it should have to be such a battle, and I just think there must be a way to change how it goes. Of course I am a newcomer to toddler stubbornness, so who knows - thanks ladies for all the responses - I really really really appreciate it! I have a bevy of new tactics to try tomorrow - wish me luck!
Robyn, Mommy to T , wife to Shawn TTC #2!!!
PeanutButter'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote