Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Birth Story

So, I finally got some time to sit down and do this. LOL A week ago I started losing my plug and was having some contractions. I was getting more at night but, still not enough to go. So, I went to bed and woke up at four I think with much stronger contractions. Started timing them and decided it was time to call our friend to come watch the boys and wake Mike up. Got to the hospital and once got settled in they checked me. I was already 7 cm. Contractions were very strong and close together. Started to take a walk and felt like pushing. So, the nurse calls the midwife in and a med student. I didn't mind too much, as they need to learn. Though he was a very cute young guy. LOL The feeling like pushing went away along with my strong contractions. Everyone was just sitting there and waiting for me. I was the only one who was in labor then. I think getting that uncomfortable feeling of everyone waiting for me in my room might of ruined my strong contractions. I went to 10 cm very quick but, just wasn't getting the strong contractions to push well. I tried the squatting bar and everything. I then wanted to stand up. As soon I did my right leg gave out on me. Couldn't even stand on it. I'm lucky my dh was right there or I would of fell. So, I stood up and rocked for a bit while he held on to me. I also sent the cute med student out. Was getting a bit uncomfortable. Once I laid down Ennis had moved down more. I still wasn't pushing well. They said for me to not make noises and push. For me making the grunting noises seemed to help. Then they told me his hearbeat was going down and if I couldn't get him out I would have a c-section. They also put the mask on me. Did not like that or hearing about the c-section. So, I pushed much better after that and he was out in no time. Born at 1:13 in the afternoon 20 inches long and 8 pounds and 11 oz. It was funny because my placenta was very big. They said it hardly fit in the bucket. I wanted to take it home so bad but, no one to make pills for me. I also tore very bad! It took close to an hour I think to sew me back up. They said it was like a puzzle down there. So, for not having any drugs it went as well as it could of gone. I just wished I didn't tear or get a pinched nerve in my leg. Tomorrow it will be a week and I still have that pins and needls feeling in my foot. At least I can walk on my leg. We came home on Tuesday. We are both doing good. Trying to work out breastfeeding and getting him to sleep with out me or dh holding him. Does not like to be put down so getting really no sleep at all.

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Birth Story

great birth story! sounds like kind of a rough time, but with a good outcome . sorry to hear about the tear. i am so worried about tearing because i can tell this baby is going to be much bigger than my other two, and she's still face up. ugh. it's encouraging to hear you made it through though and doing ok!
Leah- Single Mama to Audrey 12/29/03 Gwyneth 4/1/09 and Olivia 1/30/12!
leeuhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
loving my family
Registered Users

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby boy!! I am sorry about the tear that is the one place no of us women ever wanted to get one, I hope it heals fast.
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
My Mood:

Oh ouch! A puzzle down there just doesn't sound very comfy. Congrats on your new little one!
[CENTER]~Shannon~Mama to Addisyn 6.6.10 and Ryan 1.22.12
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
No Longer Here
My Mood:

aww congrats!! Hope you feel up fast. I had my dh do my placenta it really wasnt hard at all.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
Congrats on your baby! I hope your recovery is fast, it does not sound fun.
Kelly wife to Rich , mommy to I , G , L , and G
Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote