Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Infant T-shirts and showing off dipes

I just cut up a onesie for my chunk and converted into a tee to match his 4th of july soaker (I know, am I lame or what!?). I actually used the ribbing from around the bottom (picked it off and cut around the shaps) to sew back on to the bottom of the Tee. It was really easy, and you can't even tell it wasn't bought that way...

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #12
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
My Mood:
Re: Infant T-shirts and showing off dipes

i just went shopping and got a bunch from Old Navy. I got 0-3 mos and let me tell you, they shrink up tiny. I was going ISO tees to match the wool I have and found perfectly matching tees. Bonus is if you buy more than 2 they ring up as $4 each, check them out online as they carry the same items in store.

Also, at JC Penny they have some great lap tees (NB all the way through 24months) that are a bit thicker and more tee shirt like than Gerber. You can get some fabric dye and dye them, use fabric paint and get a stencil or stamp, try your hand at tye dye, dip dye if you need a few colors in there tons of ideas here 9and all cheap). As I get wool I've been making up and finding tees to match so I don't stres over it later.
Dawn, proud mama to Finn (11/23/10), Sully (2), Lilly J (4) Madison (8) and Alex (15). Head over heels in love with my hubby Jim
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote