Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #11
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Before I get mad (Britax Question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsmom06 View Post
My doesn't click all the time! I was just wondering about that!!
You should call. It is not safe if you don't hear the click. Even though you may not be able to tug it out it does not mean it may not come undone in the event of a crash.

It looks like mine is working. I will keep an eye on it. I've never had a seat car seat where only one of them clicked when I put it in. Pretty weird.

Advertisement

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
mamatutugirls
Registered Users
seller

hmmmm, only one of mine clicks as well. I will have to look into that.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #13
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

Only one of mine clicks as well, I was always bothered by this. What is Britax's number in case I need it?
Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #14
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatutugirls View Post
hmmmm, only one of mine clicks as well. I will have to look into that.
It sounds like the one clicking is fine. It is supposed to be the last one that you push in and then it makes a "click" noise. You should only be concerned if the last one you push in doesn't consistently "click". Mine wasn't at first but now it is.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:12 PM   #15
snowbird25ca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Updated: New Question - Before I get mad (Britax Question)

As a previous poster quoted from the manual, it's purposeful on Britax's part to have a positive click occur only after the 2nd tongue is inserted into the buckle. For those of you with new seats, if this isn't happening right from the start, I'd call Britax right away. If you've been using your seat from awhile, pull out your manual and remove the buckle, then rinse it under warm water according to the directions in the manual. Sometimes crumbs and such make the buckle a bit sticky and rinsing it out will make it good as new.

The background pattern is kind of a shock when you first see it, just because you don't expect it. I expected just white background with black spots. However, that tan pattern in the background makes it look a whole lot more realistic and ties in with the tan harness straps. (Which you should've received tan straps and tan HUGS pads - that's the color that usually comes with the cowmoo cover.)

I'd call Britax and complain about the color of the harness straps. They should send you out the correct colored ones along with instructions on how to replace them. Make sure they send a new adjuster strap and harness buckle too since those all are the same colored strap on them.

We have a cowmoo Marathon and love it. It actually hides dirt amazingly well too as I discovered when I washed it for the first time in a year just a few weeks ago.

Trudy ~ Canadian Certified Child Restraint Systems Technician
snowbird25ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #16
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the response. I finally found the real manufacturer date and it was made in 6/07, phew! Crises averted.

But yes the belts are black. Weird. I kind of like it black better than brown. Trying to decide if it is even worth it to call them. Too much hassle I think.

Thanks for the info on the background pattern. You don't see that detail even on the close-up shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post
As a previous poster quoted from the manual, it's purposeful on Britax's part to have a positive click occur only after the 2nd tongue is inserted into the buckle. For those of you with new seats, if this isn't happening right from the start, I'd call Britax right away. If you've been using your seat from awhile, pull out your manual and remove the buckle, then rinse it under warm water according to the directions in the manual. Sometimes crumbs and such make the buckle a bit sticky and rinsing it out will make it good as new.

The background pattern is kind of a shock when you first see it, just because you don't expect it. I expected just white background with black spots. However, that tan pattern in the background makes it look a whole lot more realistic and ties in with the tan harness straps. (Which you should've received tan straps and tan HUGS pads - that's the color that usually comes with the cowmoo cover.)

I'd call Britax and complain about the color of the harness straps. They should send you out the correct colored ones along with instructions on how to replace them. Make sure they send a new adjuster strap and harness buckle too since those all are the same colored strap on them.

We have a cowmoo Marathon and love it. It actually hides dirt amazingly well too as I discovered when I washed it for the first time in a year just a few weeks ago.

Trudy ~ Canadian Certified Child Restraint Systems Technician

Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #17
twothreeshop
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmommy View Post
Also, I will be posting a picture later but does your cowmooflage seat have a brownish design faded into the background? It is definitely a britax cowmooflage cover but I wasn't aware of the brown background interwoven with it. Weird.
That's normal for a cowmoo seat, but it is hard to see in pictures.
Glad you got the manufacture date and buckles figured out! Not sure about the harness straps. Our Cowmoo RAs - manufactured in 2002 - have tan straps, but that's not really relevant to current MAs . I think the black would look fine, so if you prefer it I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #18
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothreeshop View Post
That's normal for a cowmoo seat, but it is hard to see in pictures.
Glad you got the manufacture date and buckles figured out! Not sure about the harness straps. Our Cowmoo RAs - manufactured in 2002 - have tan straps, but that's not really relevant to current MAs . I think the black would look fine, so if you prefer it I wouldn't worry about it.
I think it is kind of funny because when i was looking online i kept saying "man, i wish the straps were black" and then I get my seat and "wha la" black straps.