Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Iron Supplement side effects

my midwife gave me an "iron tincture" or something like that from their holistic store.

With my last pregnancy, i had an OB who prescribed a prescription supplement. Oh it was awful! After 3 days of not being able to get off the couch or do anything but sleep/lay around and hardly eat i figured it out. It was like i'd been poisoned!

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I've never taken a straight up iron suppliment, but I know with high iron multivitamins, I have to take them on a good, full stomach. Basically right after the biggest meal I eat in a day, or they nauseate me something fierce. I had a light supper last night, took my prenatals, then ate some more right after. I no sooner finished the second little meal that I threw the whole mess right back up. So right after a big meal, and don't eat anything more for a while after.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #13
Bonnetha
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzae View Post
I second the suggestion of Floradix. It is what my midwife recommended and has worked well for me without side effects. I take it with a small glass of OJ.
I third the Floradix rec. It's sort of spendy, but it is awesome. I wouldn't go through pregnancy without it
Happy wife and mom of 3! Expecting #4 in March
Bonnetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

My last mw rec'd floradix but it didn't work for me, body wasn't absorbing it at all. I'm not taking ferrofood this pregnancy and haven't had any issues with it and my results have gotten better. I also drink green drinks daily and this is supposed to help as well. My current mw rec'd a chlorophyll drink for iron.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote