Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #21
*Kate*
Registered Users

Re: CDing on Oahu

Hi there, I am on Oahu as well. I avoid BabyA as well, just because the cost is far too high. I would love to be able to put money into the local economy, but in my opinion their price hikes are beyond what they should be for their excuse of needing to ship their products here. If it were just a dollar or two difference I wouldn't mind because then at least I wouldn't have to wait for things to be shipped, but some diapers are $4 more or something crazy like that. It all adds up, right? In the past I have ordered most of my stuff with free shipping from momsmilkboutique. I have since discovered a cloth diapering/natural store on the Big Island that ships here for free and I don't think they have a minimum purchase requirement. I haven't tried them out yet, but I plan to because their prices are very decent!

Advertisement

*Kate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #22
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay View Post
The people who run dolphin diaper service are very nice but their prefolds are too thin and reek of bleach. I would never recommend them. Which is a shame because its such a nice idea. I've gotten free shipping from sew crafty baby, for mom and keiki, sweet angel diapers and a few others. I started a thread about this a year ago. I can go find and bump it for you.
Thanks for the info. That's unfortunate about the smell. We'll be there for 2 wks so I won't need to order more prefolds. I could bring my own I guess or just use some gdiaper or similar hybrid diaper disposable inserts.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #23
mahea5877
Registered Users

Hey ladies would any of you be interested in buying some alva baby pocket diapers. was thinking of doing a co op for hawaii. Please let me know. I dont need much but buying in bulk is so much cheaper and it only takes about a week or two to get here.
mahea5877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #24
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Ok, giving serious thought to just bringing our own CDs and washing...so what CD detergents are easily available there and good for the hard water? I will be using a FL HE and have access to a dryer but will try to sun them out and bleach with nature. I'm going to just bring the prefolds and thirsties covers. I can't use tide because it makes me super itchy and so I don't want to worry about LO having the same sensitivity. Do you use a water softening agent (I don't know if their water has a softener added in)? My parents don't live on a base so they don't have the extra additives. The fear of bleachy thin prefolds from the local service has me worried and the cost for up to 2 wks of service would be around $60-$70 total so the fee of checking an extra bag with diaper stuff is still cheaper than that.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
blastomom
Registered Users

I go home to Hawaii every summer and just bring our cloth with us. I usually bring detergent with me. Allen's/Country Save/Rockin Green doesn't take up much space, even enough to last us 2months, and my suitcases are always way more empty going over than they are coming back to the Mainland at the end of Summer ;-). If we were only going for a couple of weeks I might just do the disposeable inserts for our Flip covers and not worry about the rest.
blastomom is offline   Reply With Quote