Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Best Natural Baby Lotion and Shampoo/Wash for Eczema

Right now I am using Aquaphor Soap-free baby wash and aveeno soothing lotion but I would like to use products that are more "natural" but work well. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. DD gets eczema flair ups from time to time so it's been hard finding products that work well for her. The ones I am using work well but like I said I would prefer more "natural" if I could.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best Natural Baby Lotion and Shampoo/Wash for Eczema

Can anyone help me?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
mommy020507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

can try to soak in oatmeal bath. it works so well.. if soak in luke water for half hr. it makes my daughter skin very soft and stop itchy for a while but it works.

dove works too (senstive type)

make sure you put cream type ones on skin. the lotions doesnt work very well as cream does
Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have you tried any California Baby products?
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy020507 View Post
can try to soak in oatmeal bath. it works so well.. if soak in luke water for half hr. it makes my daughter skin very soft and stop itchy for a while but it works.

dove works too (senstive type)

make sure you put cream type ones on skin. the lotions doesnt work very well as cream does

I've never tried just plain oatmeal before. We've used the aveeno oatmeal bath treatment a few times and it has worked well. Maybe I should try just plain oatmeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
have you tried any California Baby products?
No I haven't but I did see that in Target the other day when I was there and was wondering how well they worked with eczema.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
cherryblsm
Registered Users
seller

My daughter has eczema too and I use CA baby calendula cream and also Weleda baby calendula cream too-thicker. I really think it has a lot to do with some kind of allergic reaction etc but I haven't been able to narrow it down enough and also you have to weigh the options..in my case, if it is dairy and the symtoms are mild is it worth it to cut out dairy, since this is her primary way of getting calcium. We eat soy too in our diet.
How bad is it?
Sakura-Single student mom to 2 sweet,wonderful girls, Born 8/01/04 & DD#2 born 10/20/07

Ebay Feedback
&TBW feedback username: Cherryblsm
cherryblsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try Lavera lotions. My DS who is 3 gets eczema on his legs, and this is the only thing we could use that he'll tolerate. It really gets rid it and it doesn't burn or sting, even on open skin. Here's a link. It is pricey but you can use it sparingly and it lasts. Our first bottle is still mostly full.

http://www.lavera.com/products.php?p...=180&parent=20

The online price is less than our local store.

Good luck!

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #8
mommy020507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dairy is the number one of ezxema flare up. make sure to wash the bedding often.. since it gathering all dust in it. mm bath every night before go bed so would go bed clean, thick cream or lotion all over the body.

vaccum everyday..

if plays outside needs to give bath at nights to help get off all things that sticks on the skin. it causes to itch bad. make sure keep cool.. the heat cuases flare up.

i could write a book about it because i had been struugling with my daughter for almost 5 yrs and found out shes bad allergic to outside like trees, alot of weeds,

shes allergic to few items of food.. most like soybean, wheat, shrimp, eggs. most of them are in all food products. sugar can cause flare up if eats so much in one day.

any thing that ya get from store doesnt work as well as what dr rx. i got one that from dr rx. and it works so much..
Old 07-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone! DD's is very mild. She gets flair ups of little patches on her upper back and one on her arm. It generally goes away in a couple of days. It doesn't seem to bother her much. I just don't like the idea of using something with a bunch of chemicals in it if I can avoid it. Thanks for all the info and suggestions!