Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #11
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I just need to vent!

I'd tell her off and then cut her off. I wouldn't respond to the rest of the family and if they bring it up, and then just explain how she is. I'm sure her disposition is not a secret in your family. If your ex needs validation that your son is fine, you can get it from his doctor, but he's about the only person I'd go out of your way to placate on this.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #12
*Kai&Mommy*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Even if she was worried about your son she tried to intercede in a way that was hateful not helpful.

She is toxic. Cut her out.
I'm sorry to say but I think she probably called child services on you too.

There is a certain matriarch in my family who is brutal like that. For some reason people put up with her bs. I cut her off and she did end up apologizing but I keep her at a far distance and I do not disclose any info. to her.

People are afraid of her and it makes me crazy that I'm the only one that has stood up to her.
You hit the nail on the head, so right! it makes me crazy too that everyone takes her crap and excuses her like a 5 yr old, actually i know 5 year olds who act better!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
travelmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kai&Mommy* View Post
My son will not stop eating so I usually cut him off at a certain point-once I see him slowing down.
I noticed from then on when she was here for the rest of her trip she kept trying to over feed my son "he needs to eat till he's full" I noticed he started getting sick and constipated after she would do this.

Then wen't on to say I was starving my son,I did not know how to care for him that i'm stunting him,that most babies are lively and happy,he is lack lustre and slumped over. That I should be feeding my child till he burps,that i should be stuffing him.
Did she stop to think that her over feeding him could have made him "lack lustre and slumped over"? No one who eats too much is going to have any energy. If he was crying & reaching for food, then fine, continue to feed him, but you don't feed anyone until they are stuffed & burping!

I'm sorry this person did this to you. No one deserves what this person did. I hope you cut her out of your life and I hope your son's father does not take this person's word as the truth.
travelmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #14
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm rather spiteful myself but I would definitely feel the need to defend myself here - mama bear style. I would reply all (yes, all) with your son's medical records indicating his growth is normal, he's reaching milestones, etc. As previous posters have said, you'll probably want this info handy for your ex and possibly CPS too.

Then I would also include a link to the snarkiest article I could find online about backseat parenting and/or overeating and obesity in children caused by parents overfeeding.

Sent from my Galaxy SII Skyrocket using DS Forum
Old 01-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I agree get the info from the ped for custody purposes.

I tend to be pretty no nonsense, but I would tell her this:

You do everything you can to be the best parent possible, and are confident your son is growing well. You do not have to justify your parenting to her or anyone else. You don't appreciate her rude, presumptuous attitude, and until that changes, you and she are done. You will niether respond to phone calls or emails until she demonstrates respect for you as a parent and a person.

Family is a privilege, not a right.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
I'm rather spiteful myself but I would definitely feel the need to defend myself here - mama bear style. I would reply all (yes, all) with your son's medical records indicating his growth is normal, he's reaching milestones, etc. As previous posters have said, you'll probably want this info handy for your ex and possibly CPS too.

Then I would also include a link to the snarkiest article I could find online about backseat parenting and/or overeating and obesity in children caused by parents overfeeding.

Yea, I don't play nice when people act like fools. This would probably be along the lines of something I'd do.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
firsttimeclothmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post

This is great advice. Fire with fire when they're not being nice LOL
Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Iwouldnt send a letter about over feeding leading to obesity - that will confirm, IMO, that you are limiting his food intake to keep him from being obese. and at his age - its not OK to limit food (to an extent, KWIM- you dont want him to eat till hes sick, so limiting there is fine, but if hes still legitimately hungry you want to feed him..)

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #18
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Seriously I would be furious, so mad if that happened to me. Obviously we all agree she is way overstepping. I'm wondering if she has kids, has older kids or no kids?

I agree that BNC that if you send an article about overfeeding it will just spotlight that you are doing(in her eyes) the opposite. I would however send back a letter/email saying how it's none of her business and defend yourself too at the same time. Then cut her out of your life.....

Kids can definately overeat at one sitting IMO. It might not seem like a lot of food to others, but I know if my kids drink soda(very rare - only a party or special occasion), they will get a stomach ache as they are not used to carbonated beverages, me neither. If they drink too much hot chocolate or milk shakes they will get "bad poop's, if they drink OJ ( again rarely) t2 of them will get a sore stomach/diaper rash due to acid.

A few years ago we were laughing at a family party as my kids kept eating lots of fruit. I knew too much would give them bad tummy/poops, so DH, MIL and I had to tell them to stop eating the fruit and eat some cake!! As silly as that sounds.

I think you know your son a gazillion times better then some blow into town visitor or most likely his dad across country too.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
mamalove3
Registered Users

mamalove3 is offline   Reply With Quote