Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #91
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Give me good stories about vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
Citation? Do you have a peer-reviewed study or a clinical trial to back this up?

Again, anecdotal stories are to be taken with a grain of salt. Do you have a peer-reviewed study that shows this? Or is this just fear-mongering?

There is a HUGE difference between looking at the percent vaccinated of those infected, and looking at the percentage of vaccinated infected vs. the percentage of non-vaccinated infected. The former tells you nothing about efficacy, while the latter does. Do you have data on the latter? In every study I have seen that looks at the latter, the percentage of vaccinated children that become infected is rather tiny compared to the percentage of unvaccinated children that become infected.

Also, do you have stats to back up the assertion that formula has toxic levels of mercury in it? Where is the study to show that? The WHO has found an average of 2.7 ppb mercury in breastmilk. 2 ppb is the commonly set acceptable limit for tap water in the US. And fish is on average at least two orders of magnitude higher than that.
Ahh. I think I love you.

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #92
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post
Hi! My ds is fully vaccinated with no problems at this time.

I highly recommend reading the book "The Panic Virus" by Seth Mnookin. Either get it off amazon or check it out of your library. It will help you to understand why a lot of vaccine myths developed, and why they persist. many rumors about vaccines have been around for a lot longer than you would think.

Everything has risk associated with it. IMO, the diseases that vaccines protect against carry a lot more risk than any the vaccines themselves present. Published science backs up my opinion.

mama, you will make the best decision for your children. IMO, if you plan to travel internationally, particularly to countries where healthcare is not the greatest for much of the population and many diseases for which there are vaccines persis, it is essential to fully protect your child.
I haven't seen that book before, I'll have to check it out. I am pretty lucky that I have dh around to help me muddle through everything. Like previously I didn't know that fevers were caused by your body's immune response, so that is why a kid will get a fever after a shot. I thought it was some sort of horrible reaction, but it's just your immune system working.

I like this article from the AAP about the "toxins" in vaccines: http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...12/6/1394.full
Old 01-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #93
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
Isn't it true though when you break up the vaccinations you get more adjuvants because you are getting more shots than if you get multiple vaccinations in one shot? I am going to vaccinate because I want to be able to take my child to India and I want my child to be able to travel. I am paranoid enough already, please only good stories about vaccinations.
May I suggest you do real research? Asking for "only good stories" isn't really the same thing as being fully informed. The Vaccine Book is a good starting point. The book is neihter pro or anti-vax.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #94
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
May I suggest you do real research? Asking for "only good stories" isn't really the same thing as being fully informed. The Vaccine Book is a good starting point. The book is neither pro nor anti-vax.

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 01-30-2012 at 01:39 PM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #95
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

My girls are all fully vaxed, although we did delay some of them. No major issues with any of them. Well, my middle daughter has ADHD and periods of tics, along with SPD, but I don't believe it's related to vaccines.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #96
MamaHeck
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS is fully vaxed with no issues but a mild fever one time I don't even remember which shot it was with, my only regret at this point after some research is giving him the HEP B at birth, I see no reason for it in my situation, other than that it's a personal choice and go with what your mama instincts are telling you, my mama fully vaxed me I still got the C-pox something horrible and had tonsils out..every child has a different system and so should be treated. if you don't vax you'll get grief, if you vax you'll get grief. Doctors are trained for how many years? but if you have a gut feeling do research and feel comfortable with your choice, I'm still deciding my vax plan for DS2 now that I'm educating myself more and if feels great. good luck!!
MamaHeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #97
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:

My response would probably fit in a delayed vax thread, but since you are looking to travel to Ind., and since I live in Chennai..here's our vax story.

With DS1, I got on the delayed vax bandwagon when he was 2y. He'd been given a lot of booster shots by then. Other than rotavirus (the vax I hear isnt as effective) DS1 hasnt suffered from any major illness.

With DS2, I'd to argue with the docs(I delivered at Columbia Asia Hosp, Bangalore) to NOT vax my newborn until 6wks. I got him only BCG(for TB-which isnt necessary at all if the baby's beyond 6mos old) at the hosp. They pushed for HepB even as we were exiting!

His next shot was a combo (DTP, HiB, HepB& IPV) was when he was 4mos old. They'd run out of a combo WITHOUT HepB at that point in time.

The third one was when he was 8mos old (DPT, HiB &OPV)

We'll be going next month for his 3rd DPT booster +Measles -at 13mos for the 14thweek shot!

And I'm thrilled to tell you that other than the occasional sniffles and fever and loose motion while teething, he's been absolutely fine. DH was a little worried about not vaxing on time since 4yDS1 might bring home a lot of the germs fm school and park. Touchwood...Im guessing his immunity is raised by all that!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #98
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHeck View Post
My DS is fully vaxed with no issues but a mild fever one time I don't even remember which shot it was with, my only regret at this point after some research is giving him the HEP B at birth, I see no reason for it in my situation, other than that it's a personal choice and go with what your mama instincts are telling you, my mama fully vaxed me I still got the C-pox something horrible and had tonsils out..every child has a different system and so should be treated. if you don't vax you'll get grief, if you vax you'll get grief. Doctors are trained for how many years? but if you have a gut feeling do research and feel comfortable with your choice, I'm still deciding my vax plan for DS2 now that I'm educating myself more and if feels great. good luck!!
That's probably rhetorical, but since dh spent 3 years in general Peds... They have a 4 year undergrad degree, 4 year medical school degree, 1 year of internship and 2 years of residency. It is a very exhaustive education, and frankly, dh's knowledge base is kind of scary. It's crazy what they learn in all those years. Way more than you can get from Google. And then after that, he decided to specialize, which is another 3 years. So 14 years altogether.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #99
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniebees

That's probably rhetorical, but since dh spent 3 years in general Peds... They have a 4 year undergrad degree, 4 year medical school degree, 1 year of internship and 2 years of residency. It is a very exhaustive education, and frankly, dh's knowledge base is kind of scary. It's crazy what they learn in all those years. Way more than you can get from Google. And then after that, he decided to specialize, which is another 3 years. So 14 years altogether.
dh is a family practice doc, so just 11 years of school/training. Beat that google

Fwiw, even with dhs knowledge,i feel better with a delayed schedule and he supports me 100%
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #100
cbreeding
Registered Users

My oldest DD is fully vaxed and is a happy, thriving 4.5yo. She did have a strong reaction at 18mths when she got the MMR vax along with two others. She was just really sleepy and ran a slight fever for a week well within the "acceptable" side effects as stated on the vaccine sheets. My only concern was that since she had more than one we couldn't tell which it was. In the event of an allergic reaction or more serious side effect it couldn't be pinpointed so in next two I have chosen to delay.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote