Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

Re: WWYD? Baby Shower

It really depends on your family. I hate to be the voice of fatalism, but I have tried and tried to help people spend their money on things we will actually use and still had a shower on saturday with a mountain of tacky pink clothes and no diapers/carriers/glass bottles/organic anything. I literally had an amazon universal registry with forty invites and not one purchased item.

Advertisement

Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentrevival View Post
It really depends on your family. I hate to be the voice of fatalism, but I have tried and tried to help people spend their money on things we will actually use and still had a shower on saturday with a mountain of tacky pink clothes and no diapers/carriers/glass bottles/organic anything. I literally had an amazon universal registry with forty invites and not one purchased item.
awesome...I guess I'll just have to have it early so that I can return most of the stuff i don't want and use the $ toward stuff I'll use! Sorry your shower was disapointing! I hope it was at least fun.
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

it was definitely fun. I hate when I look back and see how negative I sounded about something. We had a wonderful day with aunts and friends, and the love they all gave us was worth more than any gifts. I am just really frugal, and it is frustrating to me when everyone spends lots of money on things we don't need or really even want. it's such a waste.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
RNMichelle
Registered Users

I'm registered on amazon. Most of my registry is cloth diapers. Plus, it is nice because you can add things from any website.
RNMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

don't feel bad about asking for money! My shower turned out great and lots of people showed up. Everybody knew this was baby #4 and I had everything from DS, so I asked for money to go towards a specific stroller and carrier. I got lots of prepaid-gift cards.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyscreation View Post
the last thing I want is to say I'm doing cloth diapers and get 15 packs of those CRAPPY gerber PF's from walmart.
Lol...I put that we were cloth diapering on my invites and still got 7 boxes and a diaper cake of sposies.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's all true. Take the time to register, but expect a lot of people to buy you what fancies them, whether you want/need it or not. That said, you might ask a friend to throw you a Cloth Diaper Party in lieu of a regular shower. Everything Birth would be able to tell you if they have reps in your area. I threw a CD shower for a friend expecting her first little. Congrats, by the way!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyscreation View Post
SWEET!! Maybe I'll register at both cottonbabies AND amazon and just let everyone pick what they want to get from either site. My Mom (whose throwing the shindig) suggested a money tree to go toward diapers and such but I HATE asking for money. It just feels rude, KWIM?

Would a little note saying if anyone would like to give money toward a bigger purchase (i.e. car seat) be ok?

on amazon's registry you can even add items from external websites, so you could have your cottonbabies wishlist on your amazon one!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #19
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here's my amazon baby registry. How does it look? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...gno_listpop_br
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #20
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It looks like you got your answer as far as CD registries, but I also wanted to throw something out there! I made a registry at target and at cottonbabies. I got absolutely no cloth diapers, which was ok, because he was my first and I needed baby everything, but for a second baby it would have kinda been a bummer since diapers is mostly what we need! Anyhow, at my friend's shower she did a diaper "raffle." Whoever brought diapers to the shower got entered into a raffle for a prize at the end, I think it was a bath/body goodie set from bath and body works or something. Anyhow, it really encouraged people to bring diapers (even though at her shower it was sposies - just make it clear you're using cloth! )