Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
kimberleybpatt
Registered Users
seller

Red face Please help, mamas!

Hi! DD is due in June, & she'll be our first to CD from birth. Our babies are in the mid 7# range at birth. I'm seeking input as I put together a stash for her.

1-How long (from what ages?) was your baby wearing newborn diapers (fitted; AIOs)? I'm looking to place orders & don't want to order too many!

2-Same question for size small diapers? When did they start wearing & when did they grow out of?

3-Same question for interlock covers, shorts, & longies.

I'm placing orders now for interlock & could use your input as I decide how many NB, xs, & small pieces to purchase!

Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by kimberleybpatt; 01-31-2012 at 11:29 AM.
kimberleybpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
kimberleybpatt
Registered Users
seller

Re: Please give input re: interlock & diaper sizing!!

Bump! Help a mama
Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
kimberleybpatt
Registered Users
seller

Bump
Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
kimberleybpatt
Registered Users
seller

Please help by telling me quickly about how old your children were when they grew out of each size.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
kimberleybpatt
Registered Users
seller

Re: Please help, mamas!

bump
Old 01-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have bigger babies... Dd was 8 lbs 1 oz and never lost weight in the first weeks:
We started with her after her umbil stump fell off...

She wore duos covers on the lowest rise setting for about 2.5 weeks more then moved to them one the next rise.

At 4 weeks she fit in bg smslls (a bit bulky but fit without leaks). She out grew the smalls around 3.5-4 months (about 15-16 lbs)

She fit in bg mediums from 3.5 months until about 14 months (around 24 lbs)

Hope that helps some, good luck mama!

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both of mine were well over 9 pounds at birth, most XS or newborn sizes only lasted a couple weeks - until they hit 11 pounds or so.

Most small diapers lasted for about 4 weeks, until they were around 13-14 pounds.

My babies chunk up really fast, so if yours tend to be skinnier/longer, you'll get lot more use out of the smaller sizes.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
rosebrok
Registered Users
seller

Mine was 8 lbs 7 oz at birth. I think she fit in her newborn diapers until about the second month (Kissas & a similar brand that is no longer made). I think she was around 13 pounds when I put those away. Most of her smalls she outgrew by the end of the third month (AMP AIO & fitted, Itti Bitti). A few diapers lasted all the way up until 5.5 months (Sandies, Thirsties). I had older style Kissas so not sure if the new style would last longer - but we started gaping at the waist and that's when I put them away for fear of poo explosions. Our best investment were Thirsties wraps and fitteds - they lasted the longest (5.5 months) and fit at the same time as the Kissas did. Plus the aplix was very hubby friendly and great for introducing us/everyone to cds. Sandies fit long as well but I disliked these for how the retained smells after she started going longer b/t changes. We have just passed into mediums for almost everything at 17.7 pounds.

Last edited by rosebrok; 01-31-2012 at 11:59 AM.
rosebrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
amehrkens
Registered Users
seller

My babies were over 9lbs too. I skipped the newborn size and went straight to small which lasted about 6 weeks and then we went to OS pockets! We used kinckernappies size small and then I made the rest.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fluff...26110884116529
amehrkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My guy was 8lbs 9.4 oz at birth. We started CDing around 5 weeks and went straight into smalls (was 10-12lbs). I had 20ish small fitteds and 4 covers in the beginning and that was enough (I washed daily and line dried). He wore the next size (motherease only has small and large) starting around 6 months and 20lbs. He is still in that same size now at 30lbs and 17 months. I have 20ish fitteds/4 covers in large but could easily get by with less (I wash daily). I also have a daycare stash of 10 pockets, some nightime diapers and a half dozen prefolds/flats when I feel like going old school.