Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
mpbaby
Registered Users
seller

trifolded prefold for newborn?

i'm looking for a simple and economical solution for a newbie due in a few months. do you think I can trifold a prefold in a cover for a newborn? how about the flip newborn inserts in a flip cover? how many will I need?

snappi is not an option because my husband will seriously flip. he loves cloth diapers, but needs everything to be one piece or ready to go in one piece, and as "modern" as possible!!

Advertisement

mpbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
mamaspice
Registered Users

Flip has newborn inserts?

You can certainly trifold in covers for a newborn, but you will need more covers because newborns poop often and it is runny.

You will also want to make sure that the covers fit snugly around the legs so that you don't get leaks. You can fold the back of flips down twice to make them tiny, or use a smaller cover like Thirsties Duos. Might be easier on your hubby to use a cover that fits well without a lot of adjusting.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice
Flip has newborn inserts?

You can certainly trifold in covers for a newborn, but you will need more covers because newborns poop often and it is runny.

You will also want to make sure that the covers fit snugly around the legs so that you don't get leaks. You can fold the back of flips down twice to make them tiny, or use a smaller cover like Thirsties Duos. Might be easier on your hubby to use a cover that fits well without a lot of adjusting.
Yep, that's exactly what I was going to say. Trifolding is working for us and I'm using bummis superlites and bsww's. I really need more covers though.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: trifolded prefold for newborn?

Yep thats what we do, but you do need more covers because they do poop a lot. You can also hand wash between washer loads, covers with NB poop hand wash pretty easily. I make covers, check link in my siggy if you are looking for some
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
OHIOFIFI
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: trifolded prefold for newborn?

We trifolded with our NB and it worked great. I had 5-6 covers and washed about every 2 days. We did use infant, not NB, pfs and folded them down in the back to fit in the cover. He is EBF and we rarely had any major blowouts. I don't know if it was because the pfs were a little big but we didn't start having issues with poop getting on the cover until here recently but his pfs are almost too small now and I have to size up. My DH prefers to use them over our pockets because he finds it so easy to trifold and cover