Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #31
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Fitted Diapers On A Budget?

Dream Eze fitteds are great for tall skinny babies (like mine). They hold my 14 month old all night. You can find them on FSOT (they are not sold new anymore). I just got a bunch from various people for $10 or less each.

ETA an action shot. This is a large on my little guy. He is on the tightest snap setting but probably could be on the next one as well. I have no idea how tall he is, but he wears size 18-24 months in clothes and has a long rise. I'd guess that he's 22-ish pounds.

Advertisement

Last edited by lizgrace07; 01-30-2012 at 09:29 PM.
lizgrace07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:24 AM   #32
Chibirsd
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner82

WOW, that sure is a point in favor of Workhorses! Again, though, I'm surprised there is room in the diaper for all of that! Does anyone know if they've changed their sizing recently? I bought my Workhorses from a mama here, so maybe I have an older version?
Yea I agree even the larges fit my son just right. I wouldn't have much room to ad anything else

Lindsey - RN wishing to be a SAHM. mom to the cutest DS born 10/3/11.
Chibirsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #33
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibirsd

Yea I agree even the larges fit my son just right. I wouldn't have much room to ad anything else

Extra absorbency doesn't have to go INSIDE the diaper. We add a doubler outside of the workhorse.
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #34
boomgirl79
Registered Users
seller

For some reason I'd never thought of adding the doubler on the outside. Duh!

Just wanted to chime in that my 5-month-old, 15 1/2 lb. kiddo outgrew the rise on his red-edged WH, too. I was bummed! I just sold them off and am looking for something else.

boomgirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #35
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner82 View Post
What size workhorse do you guys use? I might try them on again tonight just to make sure they are as small on him as I remember them being I love GMD and everyone RAVES about the workhorses (which is why I bought them!) but I was surprised at how much smaller than their similar colored prefolds they were (rise wise, mostly, but they seemed skinny around the waist, too). I'll try again to see if I can get the small Thirsties hemp insert to fit under the flap, but I'm pretty positive that the large one we usually use for nights is far too wide for the red workhorse. The price on those is ideal, and I love that they're easy to wash . . . maybe I just wish they had a bigger, overnight version
I have mostly brown workhorses (DS is about 20lbs). I have red and it fits similar to brown, but brown has a higher rise, so I bought those to last longer. The hemp inserts I have are fairly small compared to what is out there (they are DIY). The other insert that fits perfectly are the GMD large doublers. They are the perfect size to go over or under the flap (I prefer over since the doubler is organic and the diaper is not). If I were to make the perfect doubler, it would be the GMD organic large doublers, with a hemp layer added to one side.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #36
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy View Post
Bugga Bugga Boutique on HC has a basic fitted now. I've been eyeing them but haven't tried them yet.
they aren't new though i've had them 2.5 years

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote