Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Used Funk Rock and now they smell sour?

I'd try Tide before you try bleach. Those natural detergents like Rockin Green and Country Save, etc just don't cut it! You are washing diapers that have poop and pee in them, and you want them CLEAN because your baby has to wear them again and could get rashes if you're just using the natural detergents that don't have enzymes. I have been using Tide for 2 years and have no problems with my diapers. Just do an extra rinse at the end if you're worried about anything. good luck!!

elvenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Sorry but I wouldn't use bleach. Everyone swears by it but it's such a harsh chemical and well I CD to stay away from harsh chemicals on my baby's bum! I use borax to disinfect and it's natural and works great. If I need a deep cleaning I use bac-out which is a natural enzyme that breaks away waste. Tide works so well bc they use enzymes just not the natural ones. Make sure u rinse really well afterward though bc some babes are sensitive to enzymes. But if ur using tide then there shouldn't be any sensitivity.
FluffyBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
Registered Users
Re: Used Funk Rock and now they smell sour?

Thanks, ladies. I think I'll for sure try to sell off the RNG products I have left.

I think I'll bleach the inserts and do an extra rinse after. I'm going to hold off bleaching any diapers though. I don't want it to ruin anything there.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to invest in some bac-out, I think. I've heard it a few times and it might be the next on the list.

I just hesitate to use the 'regular soap' as all the diaper companies don't seem to add it (in a positive light) to the lists they recommend.

Thanks for your input! Will update how the bleach works out...will wait til tomorrow to do it so that I can line dry them.
girlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote