Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #11
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: mamas who have had 3 C-sections..

I honestly think it doesn't matter how many you have, each one is as different as any natural birth. My 3rd was my hardest due to some doctor-caused complications, but I think had that not happened I would have been fine. My fourth wasn't bad at all. It's harder the more you have just because you know exactly what to expect. You may take a little longer to heal/be a little more sore just because the more kids you have and the more cesareans it gets harder to get the downtime you need to rest and heal.

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
mom2cse
Registered Users
seller

For me, my third was my best recovery. The surgery seemed a bit longer then the first two, but the pregnancy and recovery was better. Good luck to you and all the other moms on here!
mom2cse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
Wendylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
I just had my third c/s and this is definitely different and not as easy as my last two.
I am still taking the pain meds and with my last c/s's I was off them by day three, I am still in pain right now and called my dr for a stronger pain med as this I am on is doing nothing for me.
I am not sure if the recovery is different since it was done by a different dr or because I had my last 4 years ago, either way it is not what I expected. I am hoping I start to feel better soon.
This is very similar to my third c-section and I also had a large break in between (almost 6 years for me). If it helps I'm now 7 weeks pp and feeling fine. I'm not sure if it's because of the large break, though I had a 4 year gap between the first two, or just because I'm no longer in my 20's but it was the hardest for me.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I just had my 3rd c-section (4th baby) 3 mos. ago. It was a harder one for me. I had a lot more scar tissue build up from the 2nd c-section and my doc had trouble getting through it. The c-section was long and then when the doc was trying to take away some of the scar tissue on my bladder, he knicked it and had to sew it up (got feeling back in a week later so that is good!). I always get spinal headaches, so the bloodpatch helped. Recovery was just slower (which doctors say is normal because less and less blood goes to scar tissue).

I always make freezer meals for post-op for at least 4-6 weeks so I don't have to cook. I was able to do light cleaning around 3-1/2 weeks post-op. Went off pain meds around week 3 due to stomach problems it was giving me and switched to tylenol which didn't help as much with pain, BUT I was able to eat again and not feel sick! haha. Still not able to work out yet as it makes my incision burn and feel like it's gonna split open.

Every woman heals so different from c-sections. The general rule is the more you have, the longer the recovery. i do think it gets easier in terms of knowing what to expect, what things you want to do differently, etc.

Risk factors don't go up significantly until the 4th c-section. DH and I are debating about a 4th, but the recovery time, problems with scar tissue, and all that make him more nervous...

Good luck to you! I just recommend cooking freezer meals and flying a family member into help the first week or two...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendylady View Post
This is very similar to my third c-section and I also had a large break in between (almost 6 years for me). If it helps I'm now 7 weeks pp and feeling fine. I'm not sure if it's because of the large break, though I had a 4 year gap between the first two, or just because I'm no longer in my 20's but it was the hardest for me.
Thanks mama, my youngest is 4 so it was a big gap for me since my others are all 2 years apart, I am slowly feeling better, baby is 3 weeks so hoping it gets better quickly. My dh told me its probably because I am not in my 20's anymore and am not really active anymore neither, I don't exercise.blah
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #16
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had 4 and will be having my 5th in about 3 wks!! I can say, from my experience, that the Csections only get easier! Each time I learn something new that makes my experience better for the next surgery!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #17
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I wish I healed like you! I guess all our bodies are so different. I dread thinking of a 4th c-section, but want a 5th baby in a couple years. I wonder if having 3 c-sections in 3 years added to my issues... My husband hates seeing me go through recovery and gets super stressed seeing me in pain so that probably adds to the dreaded feeling as well. You've had no placenta abnormalities?
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #18
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds
I've had 4 and will be having my 5th in about 3 wks!! I can say, from my experience, that the Csections only get easier! Each time I learn something new that makes my experience better for the next surgery!
I absolutely agree with this! I have had four, most recently last August, and each recovery is easier than the one before. I have learned how to stand, walk, what muscles I can use to avoid pain and still be productive. With my first the pain was so severe and standing was SO painful that I put it off for nearly 24 hours. It wasn't until a shift change and my new nurse was a cs mama herself that I was able to get up. She was able to explain the 'how to's' in a way that the others weren't. It made a huge didference.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote