Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller

he left the country

My husband and I have been separated since June. When dd was 3 months he decided he wasn't happy and I found out he cheated. He since has has multiple gfs that he introduced his 2 other children to. Since November he hasn't paid child support so I went to court last week.
I had the sheriffs dept try to serve him but he is out of the country indefinitely. I called his boss bit he won't tell me if he's still employee there.
I'm so frustrated and sad. We both had been married before with children from our previous marriage so he knew what he was getting into. My dd is now 13 months and my other dd is 12 years old. I have nothing! I couldn't even do Christmas for them. I'm collecting food stamps which I hate doing but I can't get by otherwise. I'm a certified teacher but left my Jon to be a stay at home mom. Now I can't find a job! And he's living on a 6 figure + salary. And unfortunately because I can't serve him because he's out of the country the judge prey much said I'm SOL.
Thanks for listening.... I needed to vent.

Advertisement

ccserrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can't they put a default order in?
They *have* to be able to do something...can you mail the letter to his old address?
Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: he left the country

you might get more advice if you post this in off topic, as this section doesn't seem to get many views. hugs to you.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller

The sheriff and a private process server tried at his house. The judge wants personal service so it can't be a nail and mail (post on his door and also mail a copy). I am hoping the judge will grant me a default order.... But then I still have the issue of getting the support.... It all takes time, which would be fine if there was money but its hard to be patient when ur trying to decide on sneakers that my dd needs or rent.

Where is the off topic board? Thanks!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
lilsoldiersmommy
Registered Users
seller

I feel ya. I ha not gotten any money since October and my soon to be ex is in the military! I was calling them monthly since September. I finally got in touch with the right person and was able to get $500. Luckily he is in country and my lawyer got a temporary support hearing scheduled for the 2nd. I am sorry you are going through this. It sucks, I know.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry. I don't get anything from ex either. I really hope they can figure something out, is he employeed here?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller

I don't know if he's still employed here... His boss won't speak with me. But um assuming he is because his other two children from a previous marriage are getting their support . Thanks for the prayers and hugs everyone.... Definitely not in a good place right now. :-(
Old 02-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
mparmywife
Registered Users
seller

It sounds as though someone is not doing their job, I'm sorry. Have you checked local resources or even online for someone who could help you? There are websites like supportkids.com or nationalchildsupport.com - maybe at least look into the sites or give them a call for more information or resources. Also, do you have a Love Inc in the area? They help people in need in a lot of circumstances and often they can link you up with someone who can help you. I'm sorry, hope you can get a resolution.
Daughter of the King and Blessed to be a SAHM/WAHM BFing, CDing, Circumcising, Slow Vaccinating to James, mama to DD1 Caitlyn (08/16) angel baby Michael (10/07) DS Nathan (11/08) and DD2 Hanna Nicole (07/11)
https://www.facebook.com/SweetSparkles3
mparmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry mama, I just separated from my H a month back, I too am a SAHM and he makes the money, so far he has been good about still paying the bills, sorry you aren't able to find a job, with little ones daycare gets costly if you don't have a decent paying job, hopefully you can get a job next school year.