Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #41
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:
Re: S/O of when to take paci away.....

With DS, it was to give myself a break and some sanity.

With DD, I didn't intend to. But she was jaundiced and had to be on a bili bed, and it was the only thing that kept her relatively content there. (I only used the paci after my back got too sore from leaning over her dangling a boob in her mouth. ) After that, it kind of stuck. But she seems to be giving it up on her own now at 3.5 months.

Advertisement

momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #42
mgl
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't remember why we started the paci with ds, but I do know that with dd she did not want to nurse, but wanted to suck. From the time she was a week old she would only nurse 5 min a side max. I was worried she wasn't getting enough, but she jumped from the 5% to the 75% in weight by her 2 month check. She was a very effiecient nurser. She didn't want to nurse when she wasn't hungry (would just cry and squirm), so she got the binky. She still has it at night and naps, and I am not sure how long she will keep it. She was just never very interested in bf. She self weaned at 13 months.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #43
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We started from day one, and he used it here and there, in addition to nursing on demand. We didn't push it, but gave it to him in the car, the store, whatever. Then at 5months he started sucking his thumb and I pushed the paci. Now he will take a paci most of the time, but in the middle of the night he still sucks his thumb.
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote