Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
MeineLiebe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help With Pumps

I am debating between the Hygeia Enjoy and the Medela Pump In Style. I was wondering what are your personal experiences with these.? I'm interested in things like how loud it is, how the suction is, how the two compare [if you've tried both], etc. I'm a FTM so this is all new to me.

Advertisement

MeineLiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love my PIS!! I had a Medela double before but not the PIS and it was just as good. I had surgery 8 days ago and had to exclusively pump until yesterday when my pain is finally low enough to have him against my tummy and I was able to stay at least 1-2 feedings ahead and have a day of milk when I went into surgery. I only had 2 days notice for the surgery and pumped after and between feeds. It's an excellent pump and the parts and accessories are available almost everywhere! I had dh run to Target at 9:30 at night after I got out of surgery because I forgot to pack the cones! Luckily Target was just a couple blocks from the hospital. I would have been up a creek if it was another brand they didn't have parts for. I had to pump and dump that first feed and keep pumping to maintain my supply and didn't have to give formula at all. :-) Love my Medela!! It's not horribly loud but I don't really have anything to compare to. The suction is great, it has a let down button so sometimes you can get a second let down in a pumping session. Its an investment for sure at $300 new but it's worth it if you compare how much formal costs.

Last edited by TwinKristi; 02-04-2012 at 01:14 PM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
MeineLiebe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help With Pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I love my PIS!! I had a Medela double before but not the PIS and it was just as good. I had surgery 8 days ago and had to exclusively pump until yesterday when my pain is finally low enough to have him against my tummy and I was able to stay at least 1-2 feedings ahead and have a day of milk when I went into surgery. I only had 2 days notice for the surgery and pumped after and between feeds. It's an excellent pump and the parts and accessories are available almost everywhere! I had dh run to Target at 9:30 at night after I got out of surgery because I forgot to pack the cones! Luckily Target was just a couple blocks from the hospital. I would have been up a creek if it was another brand they didn't have parts for. I had to pump and dump that first feed and keep pumping to maintain my supply and didn't have to give formula at all. :-) Love my Medela!! It's not horribly loud but I don't really have anything to compare to. The suction is great, it has a let down button so sometimes you can get a second let down in a pumping session. Its an investment for sure at $300 new but it's worth it if you compare how much formal costs.
Thanks! I've tried looking up reviews of the Hygeia, but not a lot seems to be out there. Two people are selling their Medela's for $100 7 $115 so I was trying to decide before it was too late.!
MeineLiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help With Pumps

The Leaky Boob (B@@b) recently did a review of hygeia. The medela pumps you're looking at are single user systems that shouldn't be used by more than one person. Even if they only used it a few times and milk never backed up into the pump moisture can still get in there and mold.

I used a PISA the first time around and wasn't very happy with it -- I'm getting a hygeia this time.
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote