Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Dipes are falling apart, should I get new dipes or trainers?

I'm looking for a frugal yet practical solution ...

DD1 is 27 months. We attempted to PL her (3-day method, which we'd used successfully with DS) at 22 months and she didn't quite "click", so we let it go as DD2 was due on her birthday. Honestly, I didn't want to deal with regression issues, and between new baby sister and plans to move this Spring, I'll be content if she's PL'd by 3.

The deal is, her OS AIO's are starting to fall apart. To make matters worse, my once-sensitive-skinned daughter who needed immediate changes now doesn't care and avoids being changed (so we often blow out). I'm glad she's not getting rashes anymore, but the utter lack of signals is driving me crazy.

I plan to put her in MotherGoose Designs Dribble Drawers when we officially get a handle on PL'ing (for car trips and night time), but I need something a bit more crossover to bridge this non-PL time. So do I try something like Flip or GroVia trainers for the interim? She's always been my self-motivated/independent one, so I wouldn't put it past her to abruptly self-PL. Stretchy side tabs would be good in this case, and I love the idea of the "feel cool" element of the GroVia ... but she used to have a synthetic sensitivity, so that worries me ...
Or do I get her more AIO's? Her sister would inherit them, so it wouldn't be a loss in the long run. Truth is, neither option would be a loss in the long run (baby sister would eventually use the trainers, too).

Decisions, decisions ... WWYD?

Advertisement

Last edited by Havah; 01-28-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Better title (I hope)
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dipes are falling apart, should I get new dipes or trainers?

Try the timer method for a few days, and if she responds go for the trainers. if not, go for some new AIO's to pass onto baby sister.
I want some of Mother Goose Designs trainers too
Old 02-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dipes are falling apart, should I get new dipes or trainers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejo View Post
Try the timer method for a few days, and if she responds go for the trainers. if not, go for some new AIO's to pass onto baby sister.
I want some of Mother Goose Designs trainers too
lol ... I'd forgotten I'd posted this. Thanks for responding! I also asked my duedate group and they advised the opposite. I honestly don't think I'd have the discipline and energy to do the timer method with her. Like I said, she's always been my independent one. I actually bought her some Dribble Drawers but a size too small, so they're listed now.

Anyways, I figured her little sister would probably use the trainers too down the road, and since DS is still bedwetting I'm trying both the GroVia and Flip (which I found at the intro rate) for both of them. No real loss either way. The good news is as soon as I put DD1 in the Flip, she started telling me when she'd pooped and began working at pulling them on and off herself. So, it's a step in the right direction.
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trainers