Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #61
dangerbunny
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else give up on used diapers???

I'm a newbie here, but I have had good experiences so far.

I do think some of the diaper prices are quite high, like if you have a choice between buying a used diaper for $13. and a new one for $15. you are likely going to go with the new one. I do understand shipping keeps going up though and it is nice to buy things with shipping included rather then fussing around with how much it from point a to b.

A lot of the GMD prefolds seem to be close to what you can buy new and since I have gotten a good info from the GMD website I will buy new there and support them.

Advertisement

dangerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #62
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
Formerly: Mama20
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerbunny View Post
I'm a newbie here, but I have had good experiences so far.

I do think some of the diaper prices are quite high, like if you have a choice between buying a used diaper for $13. and a new one for $15. you are likely going to go with the new one. I do understand shipping keeps going up though and it is nice to buy things with shipping included rather then fussing around with how much it from point a to b
yes to the shipping issue. There are only 2 websites I've seen that offer free shipping with no minimum and are not in my state (meaning I won't have to pay tax). Those stores don't always have what I want. So typically a new $15 isn't just $15. You have to add shipping and maybe tax, as well. Recently I was in the market to buy a bunch of diapers, so the sellers discount for multiples plus free shipping because I was over the minimum and a DS discount made the diapers WAY cheaper to buy new. However, I've found that usually it's cheaper to buy here even if just to save on shipping. And I'm thrifty (ok, cheap, lol), so to me, saving $2 is great!
TutuEllagant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #63
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama20 View Post
yes to the shipping issue. There are only 2 websites I've seen that offer free shipping with no minimum and are not in my state (meaning I won't have to pay tax). Those stores don't always have what I want. So typically a new $15 isn't just $15. You have to add shipping and maybe tax, as well. Recently I was in the market to buy a bunch of diapers, so the sellers discount for multiples plus free shipping because I was over the minimum and a DS discount made the diapers WAY cheaper to buy new. However, I've found that usually it's cheaper to buy here even if just to save on shipping. And I'm thrifty (ok, cheap, lol), so to me, saving $2 is great!
Cottonbabies and who else?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #64
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are some things i hesitate to buy used, unless condition is very very descriptive and pics are very clear. AIOs and wool especially.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #65
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
Formerly: Mama20
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Cottonbabies and who else?
http://www.sweetbottomsbaby.com/

they offer free shipping with no minimum and they ship pretty quickly, too!

I also get stuff from sewcraftybaby.com she has free shipping with no minimum, as well, and also ships quickly. She's in Cali, though, so I have to pay tax. She has good discounts (As does sweetbottomsbaby), though, so that usually makes up for the tax
TutuEllagant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #66
kellyrwn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally agree and was just thinking the same thing. I mean yes, they are VERY cute some of them...but then I lie in bed thinking $20-$40 for something my dd poops in?? Especially when the used ones are like MAYBE $5 cheaper than new if you're lucky!!!
kellyrwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #67
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not really. I'm super picky. I only buy what is described as EUC, used once etc. I comb over pictures. I know what to look for in the pic's. I have had bad experiences with buying AIO's like BG (twice) so I refuse to buy those type of diapers used. I will say ALOT of momma's don't think they have stink issues but they do or maybe they do and don't disclose. Probably both. Anyway if it's a EEUC or EUC dipe I don't expect to get it at a steal. I don't think it's fair to the seller.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #68
SimplySophisticated
Registered Users

My Mood:

For certain brands/prints, YES. I've been using cloth for about 6 months now, and I have been wanting a RAR in robotronic print ever since the beginning. I have still not gotten lucky enough, they're always gone by the time I find one. & there are some diapers that I want to try like ecoposh that I refuse to buy used because they're about the same price as a new one. I can totally relate. BUT I have gotten some GREAT deals on diapers, only 2 of my diapers were bought brand new, the rest were bought from other mamas either here, or via other FSOT sites.

& SAHM in Fort Riley, KS.
Would love to meet some local mamas!!
SimplySophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #69
mamaroach
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom
For the headache and risk, I'm just to the point of waiting for new diapers to go on sale 10% and saving myself the trouble.

Does anyone else feel this way?
100% agree! I'm new to cloth, actually haven't started yet since LO is being stubborn and isn't showing any signs of coming out before Wednesday's induction, and when I was 1/2 way into my buying, I came across DS forums and found out about FSOT & Spots and couldn't believe the prices on things when I can buy new for just a little more. I guess you really have to stalk those sites to get a good deal and/or if you are trying to buy a retired print/diaper brand. I don't have the time to commit to stalkings so I would rather pay retail instead of all the hassle bothering with FSOT. And besides, I've bought 90% of my stash with some sort of discount from online retailers, for the exception of the GM fitteds I have on the way, wool and GMD infant prefolds & snapless workhorses.
mamaroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #70
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

Talk to my wife, she has gently used cloth diapers in her retail store and very good about pictures and describing things in detail. The list is smaller now but you may find diapers you're looking for.

http://petitebottoms.com/gently-used-diapers.html