Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
AQW
Registered Users
seller

Where do you find in-home childcare?

This may be a silly question, but where do you all find in-home child care? I have been looking on Craigslist and only 2 in my town and one didn't reply and the other is full now. I looked on care.com but you have to pay to contact people? That's not in the budget right now. We don't go to church so nothing there. Should I check library bulliten boards maybe? I am open to suggestions, I just don't know where to find people.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Re: Where do you find in-home childcare?

In our state - the department of human services keeps a list of childcare providers, in-home included.
Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our local public school website has all the local in home daycare providers listed.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Hegemony Cricket
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQW View Post
This may be a silly question, but where do you all find in-home child care? I have been looking on Craigslist and only 2 in my town and one didn't reply and the other is full now. I looked on care.com but you have to pay to contact people? That's not in the budget right now. We don't go to church so nothing there. Should I check library bulliten boards maybe? I am open to suggestions, I just don't know where to find people.
It looks like you're in New York, so you'd use this website:

http://it.ocfs.ny.gov/ccfs_facilitysearch/

You can search by county, school district, and/or zip code, and you'd be searching for either "Family Day Care Homes" or "Group Family Day Care Homes."

From the website:

Family Day Care Homes - provide care for three to six children at a time in a residence; may add one or two school-age children. The maximum allowable number of children will depend on whether there are and how many infants are in care.

Group Family Day Care Homes - provide care for seven to twelve children at a time in a residence; may add one or two school-age children. The maximum allowable number of children will depend on whether there are and how many infants are in care. A provider must use an assistant when more that six children are present.
Hegemony Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
kanga1622
Registered Users

We contacted the Department of Human Services in our state for a list of REGISTERED daycares but in-home providers are not required to be register in our state unless they meet several specific situations.

We ended up finding ours as a recommendation from another daycare provider that was full.

If you have a Head Start office in your area, you can check with them. I know my local Head Start office at least knows about some providers in the area and will give some names out.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
tushiecover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would ask people I know. I only trust child care providers from personal testimonials of friends or family members.

Michelle
tushiecover is offline   Reply With Quote