Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
krittamomma
Registered Users
seller

Bamboo?

Hi mamas! My entire stash is made up of Fuzzibunz OS and Bumgenius OS. I have been having issues with ammonia build up in my microfiber and I'm wanting to try something new. I have heard a lot about bamboo, but wanting to ask what you mamas think. I have a heavy wetter, but my main concern is the stink. I'm TIA!!

Advertisement

krittamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
eschillo
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bamboo?

I'd suggest the new Minky inserts from Fuzzibunz. We used to use the perfect size FB's with the MF inserts and then switched to the elite's with minky inserts and are VERY happy. The hold less stink and are much more trim and absorbent!
eschillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I have a few bamboo fitteds and never have stink issues. When I used to use microfiber I had horrid smell problems, so I just stopped using it. I love how soft and trim bamboo is!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
FluffyBum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I also had that problem with microfiber! I had a whole stash of FB, BG, Kawaii, SB, and Thirsties. Then I started having leak problems. After a month of stripping, and I don't use diaper creams without liners or Tide that can cause build up, I was soooo over it!! I had a few bamboo inserts from SB and I realized I never had any issues with those.
My LO is a very heavy wetter at night so I had bamboo fitteds for her which I never had a problem. So now I only own bamboo or cotton!! Now my stash is Bottombumpers, Grovia, grasshoppers, and BSB!!! I love them and never going back!! It does take a while to prep these fibers but well worth it!! And if I get stink, which is rare, issues stripping is super easy!!!
FluffyBum is offline   Reply With Quote