Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Amber necklaces

my baby girl has one & we love hers! it has helped alot w/her teething....i was a skeptic at first, but it works! hope your dh likes it

Ash~Mama to 3
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #12
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
My Mood:

I just remember my Pap yelling at me when I'd try to sleep with a necklace on. I used to stay over night there a lot. I guess it stuck with me lol.
hfitz5051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I LOVE our amber necklaces!

My DD has worn hers non-stop since she was 4months old or so. She has had no sleepless nights thnaks to teething, no crying, pulling on mouth, etc. If she never opened her mouth you wouldnt know she had teeth she was so great (her 1st tooth, maybe first 2 teeth came in w/o a necklace on ... HORRIBLE!)

My DS wears his 24/7 now because he gets AWFUL growing pains to wear he's screaming in pain. They were daily until I put the necklace on him and now they are gone! (One day I had taken the necklace off and forgot to put it back on .... the growing pains started up that night ) So now its never off him!

I swear by them!!!!!!!
Loving My Munchkins: Kolin [5.5.04] Ava [12.13.05] Aden [2.18.09]
Calideedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #14
Registered Users

I think *they* just warn against wearing the necklace to bed to protect themselves. In theory something could happen to your baby if the slept in it, but the likely hood is probably slim if you are putting it on an older baby and if its not too long and you trust your baby's sleeping habbits etc. etc. I ordered one for my babe and I would probably trust him to wear it all night long when he's a bit older (maybe 6 months or so). I agree with PP that the best time to wear it os probably at night. And also, I would imagine that it takes a few to kick in. So if you keep taking it off at every nap etc. etc. It might not really help much. KWIM?
AMANDA, wife to Ron ~ 11-28-98, mother to Tori Paige ~ 08-15-99, Ronnie Craig ~ 7-25-01, Franklin Keith ~ 5-4-07, and Peter James ~ 1-11-09 born @ home
amandaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #15
Registered Users

I don't know if it helps or not, but DD loves to wear her necklace. She threw her very first toddler tantrum because I wouldn't let her wear it to bed one night. I don't think it's safe -- I wouldn't worry about her strangling on it, I worry about her eating it, either a single bead or the whole darned thing. And, I don't really want her to chew on it and break it, either.
Erin, mom to Vivian (4) and Tristan (10/09)

DreamHaven Baby ~ Affordable, Custom Sewing for your Baby
~~ Mei Tai Baby Carriers, Wet Bags, Diaper Bags, Legwarmers, and Custom Projects ~~
Perimyndith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #16
Registered Users

I love the teething necklace-in fact, my family swears by them. I got one for our fussy, generally inhappy fosterson a few months ago-his disposition changed within a few days-he is such a happy, outgoing baby now! We were afraid to take it off him cuz we didn't want his fussiness to return, however, I take it off to bath him every night. There was one night that i forgot to put it back on him-but didn't realize it til I was dressing him dor church the next morning and his necklace wasn't there-I searched the jammies and sheets and it was not to be found-then I saw it hanging on the mirror where I hang it while I bath him. We had such a bad night that night-no proof that it was due to the neck;ace not being on, but that was the only difference and he was happy the entire day and everyday since!
Brenda~WIFE to Will for 22 yrs, April 5, 1986~SAHM to Derek 18, Michael 13.5~Fostermom to newborns awaiting adoption
fostermomcchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #17
Witty title here
My Mood:

Where do you guys get these? DS is teething up a storm and he's not even 4 mos yet
Lisa Mom to: Tyler 9/00 , Julia 12/02 and Ethan 3/07
Check out my photography at
RetroBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:

I agree w/ PP--The only times I've noticed DD teething was before she had amber and when her molars came in (2x now) Beyond that, we don't even notice she's teething till I find new teeth in her mouth.

Everyone IRL just thinks it's a cute necklace. If they find out it's a teething necklace, I tell them the same--IDK for sure if it works, but I rarely notice teething w/o it. Besides...when you're kid's got a 102 fever and is lethargic, clingy and crying non-stop, you'll try ANYTHING! I'm just grateful I've avoided Tylenol thus far!

(To PP--do a search in WAHM Wares, or try the Testing forum--there was a mama testing some there at a good price )
Erika--Cloth Diapering (again!), Extended Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Signing and Delayed/Selective Vaxxing Mama to 7y/o Ramie, 4 y/o Reese and newbie Sebastian
beenwaitingalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote