Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
Loving Touch Wet Bags
My Mood:
Re: EEEKKKK!! And need advice

Originally Posted by apurkeyp View Post
Congrats! Has your oldest been in public school this year? What curriculum did you choose? Honestly, the newborn will be easier than the toddlers. Take it slow, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Read aloud to them a lot. Have her practice her handwriting a few times a week and do some fun math games. If you get to the rest, great. If not, it will be ok. Congrats on your new baby!
Here in GA you don't have to start school until you're 6 in august. She'll be 6 in 11 days. We've been working on reading, addition & subtraction, telling time, and writing. According to some of my teacher friends she's right along with what they're doing in 1st grade, even though we'll be starting 1st grade in august.

We'll be using Heart of Dakota in august.

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08

my son sounds like he's about on target with your daughter. He's almost 6 and technically "kindergarten" but his work is entirely 1st grade. So in August he'll be doing "2nd grade" but I guess we'll still say 1st? Anyway, the work is pretty easy for this age.

If I were you, I'd just do my best honestly. I don't know if you're into babywearing, but it will be a HUGE, HUGE help! Don't put too much stress on school work, get what you can done and worry about the rest later! Congrats on baby #5 and homeschooling!!
Mama of 3 little munchkins!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Do Georgia regs say when you have to finish your school year? If not, you could just start when DH starts school like you planned and then IF the baby slows things down you can always extend into summer.

Last year I had ordered K for my almost 4 y.o. and ended up starting it just after a new baby was born and it was easy--I mean I never imagined being able to do much of anything "extra" with a nb (I also had an 8 mos old and 26 mos old) but it actually gave me some good one on one time with the oldest, who otherwise was pretty independent. It always seems more overwhelming thinking about it than actually DOING it! Like right now, I'm in the depths of morning sickness and cannot imagine trying to do 1st grade next year with a newborn (august baby)--even though I already DID the whole school with a newborn thing AND this time I'll have 4 under 6 instead of 4 under 4...and yet I'm freaking out.
SAHM to B, 6 and S, 4 , H, 2 and baby M. R, 2 and baby A Missing babies N and L.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote