Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #21
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 5w, 6d ultrasound today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
I dont want to get into a theological debate but I believe that catholic church id against any intervention in terms of fertility. They consider it immoral and outside the sanctity of marriage. I guess its right up their with infidelity. My mom's friend's daughter married a strictly catholic man and when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, her husband wouldnt permit her to have her eggs frozen although they desperately wanted children. I think it would serve you to investigate a bit more the issue.
There are a lot of things that I am currently learning about. This particular issue, as it has no bearing on what I do, is of low priority.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #22
abhernandez
Registered Users

Understandable
Old 02-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #23
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Understandable
Thank you mama. I was worrying that there would be another misunderstanding on DS and I didn't want that since I really like all you mamas!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #24
abhernandez
Registered Users

Haha. No. I didnt mean it to sound hostile. I just found it surprising / interesting. I think my intrigue comes from living in a catholic country and not being catholic. So many laws are based on catholic doctrine here due to the historical mixing of church and state and i like to know the background. That being said, there is now a super progressive government so theres a odd mix of laws and policies that are often contradictory.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #25
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez
Haha. No. I didnt mean it to sound hostile. I just found it surprising / interesting. I think my intrigue comes from living in a catholic country and not being catholic. So many laws are based on catholic doctrine here due to the historical mixing of church and state and i like to know the background. That being said, there is now a super progressive government so theres a odd mix of laws and policies that are often contradictory.
That is very interesting since living in the US there is such a separation of church & state and it's only gotten worse in the past decade.
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #26
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yes, that must be intriguing. Mixing politics and religions is scary and Caroline, I agree w/ you about the other end of the spectrum. You can say you're catholic and it can mean so many different things. Unfortunately, it depends on who you talk to and there are a lot of catholics who don't know their own religion well. AFM, despite my admitted ignorance of the whole surrogacy thing, I actually do understand my religion well. So, back to reading about St. Augustine and digging into the Old Testament (which by the way, were the other things I'm looking into that I was referring to.) My mom was a convert, so I know more than my cradle catholic friends and it's kind of sad. But now I'm on this kick of re-learning everything I ever learned. It feels as though I have forgotten everything I ever learned. *Sigh* Oh well, at least I'm pregnant!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #27
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie

Yes, that must be intriguing. Mixing politics and religions is scary and Caroline, I agree w/ you about the other end of the spectrum. You can say you're catholic and it can mean so many different things. Unfortunately, it depends on who you talk to and there are a lot of catholics who don't know their own religion well. AFM, despite my admitted ignorance of the whole surrogacy thing, I actually do understand my religion well. So, back to reading about St. Augustine and digging into the Old Testament (which by the way, were the other things I'm looking into that I was referring to.) My mom was a convert, so I know more than my cradle catholic friends and it's kind of sad. But now I'm on this kick of re-learning everything I ever learned. It feels as though I have forgotten everything I ever learned. *Sigh* Oh well, at least I'm pregnant!!!!!!
I know very little about Catholicism too. But get you're right, at least we are pregnant! :-) *jumps for joy*
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote