Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #41
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Our First Diaper Chat!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
I admit, they did stink. BUT, somehow, the diaper pail held all the stink in. SO, I'd open the lid real fast, throw in the dipe, and then close it up, spray a lavender spritz, and it was all good! Totally worth only haveing to do wash once a week. And if he had a really stinky diaper at the begining of that week, or really soaked with pee dipes, I'd do it twice a week. I wouldn't let those sit. But still, twice a week was great too! Economically, I liked the thought of doing a FULL load in the washer. Oh, and I have a toilet sprayer so I'd spray the poop dipes as clean as I could before putting them in the diaper pail. Some baking soda and lavendar drops in the pail never hurt either.

I may just order one of these and base my NB self drafted pattern off them. Thanks for the info. Oh, and whats the difference between a fitted and an ALO? I just do pockets so I don't know much about all these other styles.

Oh heavens, I have to wash them every other day. Although, part of the problem in my house when it's cold out is that since we have heated floors (which I LOOOOOOVE) the stinky dipes basically bake until they're washed. It's the only thing I don't like about heated floors. It's worth it however. Sometimes I have to put the diaper pail in the garage midway through the wash cycle, and then I hang a wet bag on the side of the changing table in the meantime.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #42
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
Oh heavens, I have to wash them every other day. Although, part of the problem in my house when it's cold out is that since we have heated floors (which I LOOOOOOVE) the stinky dipes basically bake until they're washed. It's the only thing I don't like about heated floors. It's worth it however. Sometimes I have to put the diaper pail in the garage midway through the wash cycle, and then I hang a wet bag on the side of the changing table in the meantime.
LOL - Our pail is in an unfinished back porch area...so basically only slightly warmer than outside. Great for winter when it's cold, SUPER extra stinky when it's warm
Old 02-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #43
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok I've seen a diaper that needs a cover and I don't think its a fitted. I believe it is a flat but it is shaped like a dipe and has a doubler sewn in but you still need a snappy or pin to close it and it needs a cover what is it? Can you post pictures if you think you know because I can't find any and I'd like to try them for a newborn.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #44
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like a contour diaper. I think Thirsties makes them, or at least they did when I was preggers w/ dd.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #45
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elise - A workhorse fitted? http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/workhorse.htm The snapless ones are coming back in March.

There's also the sbish snapless - http://sloomb.myshopify.com/collecti...ulti-contrasts

Last edited by sillyutalktome; 02-11-2012 at 02:23 PM.
sillyutalktome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #46
abhernandez
Registered Users

Im leaning towards workhorses. They are cheap and made of natural fibers and NOT bamboo.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #47
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I plan on a bunch of workhorse fitteds myself. I think they'll be perfect in the beginning.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #48
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had an online diaper business that didn't make it so I think i am set for newbie diapers well, I could use a few of this and that but so far I have:

10 totsbots Tiny fits
4 bummis size 1 stretch bamboozle fitteds
1 bummis newborn kit (2 newborn superbrite and a dozen preemie Newborn prefolds)
6 Thirsties duo fab fitteds size 1
countless newborn covers
a couple dozen flats.

I really want to try the newborn blueberry Simplex and ME Sandies but not sure I can justify it.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #49
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok, what would you ladies suggest. I think actually sewing some dipes would help me have some faith for this preg. Plus, I really want to give them to my overdue friend so she can test them out for me and tell me how to improve them. I'd like to do a diaper shaped diaper with layers of flannel, terry, ...whatever on hand, sandwiched in the middle. Then use a cover. I was thinking flannel for the outer layer (for cuteness), and fleece for the layer against babe's skin for a more stay dryish thing. Elastic in the legs and a bit in the back. Velcro closure. So, with that plan, I have 2 questions. 1) will those take forever to dry, and 2) is the fleece on the inside a bad plan? I know my pockets have fleece on the inside and I always added another fleece liner for extra dryness b/c my babes get diaper rash easily. So how does this sound?
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #50
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh, and by dry, I mean on the line.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote