Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Obsessing over my hospital bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2~3offspring View Post
Maybe becuawe this is my 5th... But I haven't done crap lol Hospital bag wont get packed till 36-37 weeks. I want no dusty fresh stuff to pull out
It's my 5th too! I have made a lot of list and started ordering supplies to make things but so far that is it!

Advertisement

Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamabear View Post
I am ecstatic about not having to pack a bag at all this time I hate hospitals and they never let me shower afterwards and I never ever seem to get any sleep or rest.

I am going insane about getting the diapers, wraps and woolies all done and feel like I am in a hamster wheel making no progress.

Same here! so glad we aren't planning to go to the hospital. And I've been sewing and knitting lots! Have to get R enough Longies since she just had a growth spurt, then I will be starting new baby knitting. I just finished sewing up my postpartum pads stash and want to sew some sleep sack for the new little one too.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
taylor's mom
Registered Users

#4 for me. i think last time i packed my bag a couple days before my due date. excited no tto have to bother this time! what i am wracking my brain with is where to put a birth pool lol
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
b bright
Registered Users
seller

I'm not worried about it yet. I don't think I will even pack that much. I always stay in the gown they gave you o wear anyways and I'm fine with the mesh panties but I might bring my own toiletries and maybe if I buy some postpartum cloth pads I will bring those, but I think I might just used the cloth ones for the first couple days in the hospital. I will be bringing cloth diapers fo sho! It's going to be simple and minimal the time.

Although, I may find me a good nursing pillow to bring but I dunno yet.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b bright View Post
I'm not worried about it yet. I don't think I will even pack that much. I always stay in the gown they gave you o wear anyways and I'm fine with the mesh panties but I might bring my own toiletries and maybe if I buy some postpartum cloth pads I will bring those, but I think I might just used the cloth ones for the first couple days in the hospital. I will be bringing cloth diapers fo sho! It's going to be simple and minimal the time.

Although, I may find me a good nursing pillow to bring but I dunno yet.
im all for cloth pads, but im not sure your hosp will be up for that only bcz when I had my kiddos, they looked at my pad(gross ) like every few hours to see the size clots and monitor the amount of blood I was losing. might be harder for them to judge on cloth?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino

im all for cloth pads, but im not sure your hosp will be up for that only bcz when I had my kiddos, they looked at my pad(gross ) like every few hours to see the size clots and monitor the amount of blood I was losing. might be harder for them to judge on cloth?
I would think it would be easier to see on cloth because it can't soak in to all that gel stuff like on a disposable. But what do I know, I've never used a cloth pad before. With that said though, I don't think our hospital does that. I have given birth at two different ones (naval hosp) and neither of them checked my pads. I don't think my new one does either. All my family has given birth at this hosp and I don't think they were ever checked by a nurse. They did at the naval tell me that if I passed any clots bigger than like a dime or a quarter or something to let them know but they never checked them.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
MonkeyBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I so overpacked my bag last time around. I'll probably just take an extra change of clothes, my toothbrush, and my phone charger and call it done. No packing needed.
MonkeyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote