Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #11
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *May 2011 Mamas - February Chat Thread*

Darling pics! Juliabell that is totally a kiss! Our girls are doing well. They will be a year this month! But remember they were 26 weekers so all expectations have to be drastically adjusted They are almost sitting up, eating baby veggies, rolling but no crawling yet. They wave and "talk" a lot...A finally said da da da yesterday. They are little miracles with no medications or signs of long term problems.

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell

Oh no! Sending good thoughts for your oldest. Bladder infections are not fun. This totally does not compare but our dog had a recurring bladder infection for months and we had to do a ton of antibiotics. Eventually I found doggy cranberry pills (no joke, they actually make them) and she hasn't had one since. Her daily vitamin :P
Yeah, he woke up hystetical at 1am on Thursday, so off we went to the ER, he kept telling me his penis hurt and the last time that happened, he had a hernia and torsed testicle....so I wasn't messing around! We don't like to do antibiotics, but it was so severe, I didn't want to chance a kidney infection He will NOT drink cranberry juice, but I was thonking of getting the cranberry pills and crushing them in his yogurt...

Toby is pulling up on us, but not crawling yet, although he will rock on all fours He is finally eating solids...thank goodness, because he has now decided that he won't drink milk from a bottle, OY! So, I have like 100oz that a friend is picking up tonight because no one at my house will drink it. Story of my life, seriously. With my first I couldn't pump enough for him and now, I'm rocking the pump and my youngest only wants it from the tap! Argh!

I have some pics to share, but I am on my phone, so only have this one. We just had 9mo pics done, so when we get them back I will add more!

~Rachel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120212_192435.jpg (21.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Forgot this part:

Holy cuteness Watermelon! I love their little outfits Hehehe, I have such girl envy!

~Rachel
Old 02-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #14
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How is your little one zookeeper? Is your older one better? ER visits are the worst, I hope you had someone to leave your others with...

I have to admit, I am having fun buying baby girl clothes again My older son turned 7 yesterday, though, and he is such a charmer!

Waiting for pictures.......!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Darling pics! Juliabell that is totally a kiss! Our girls are doing well. They will be a year this month! But remember they were 26 weekers so all expectations have to be drastically adjusted They are almost sitting up, eating baby veggies, rolling but no crawling yet. They wave and "talk" a lot...A finally said da da da yesterday. They are little miracles with no medications or signs of long term problems.
What a happy update!! I'm so glad to hear they're doing well - the girls are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing pictures.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #16
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
What a happy update!! I'm so glad to hear they're doing well - the girls are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing pictures.
Thank you. Yours is beautiful too! I love the pic with the hand in the mouth as it shows the "rubberband wrist". I always mourn when they get older and lose the baby fat!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Watermelon, your girls are adorable. There is something magical about twins and you can see it in your pics. There's like a mini-gravitational pull towards one another. Only a year old and they've already been through so much together! SO cute and I'm so happy they're doing well. Plus - they sit up better than my full term 8.5 month old! He just topples - much more happy to be motoring around, lol.

Rachel - I know how you feel about antibiotics. I know you can buy cranberry capsules where you can pull them apart and dump out the powder inside. Maybe that mixed in juice or food that he will eat? I've taken the capsules for UTIs before and they do a lot better job than juice! Also - it must be so frustrating about the milk! I can only imagine! Have you tried different bottles or even a sippy?
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello all! I loved reading everybody's updates (except the ER trip Rachel, yikes!)

DS had his 9 month checkup today and is 19lbs 29.75in. He's finally pulling himself to standing and his version of crawling is a combination of an army crawl and scooting. He has to go see a pediatric urologist because his testicles still haven't descended. I didn't think anything of it until I changed my friends' babies diapers and both of them had descended testicles so I asked the pedi today and he wants to get a second opinion because he could only feel one...? The place he referred us has a 4 month wait, which is fine with me, by the time we get in he'll be just over 1 year and if it's the same kind of wait for surgery (if he even needs it), that's more time to give his testicles to drop on their own. And if they don't drop on their own, it'll be taken care of before he'll have long term memories of surgery/recovery.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #19
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post
DS had his 9 month checkup today and is 19lbs 29.75in. He's finally pulling himself to standing and his version of crawling is a combination of an army crawl and scooting. He has to go see a pediatric urologist because his testicles still haven't descended. I didn't think anything of it until I changed my friends' babies diapers and both of them had descended testicles so I asked the pedi today and he wants to get a second opinion because he could only feel one...? The place he referred us has a 4 month wait, which is fine with me, by the time we get in he'll be just over 1 year and if it's the same kind of wait for surgery (if he even needs it), that's more time to give his testicles to drop on their own. And if they don't drop on their own, it'll be taken care of before he'll have long term memories of surgery/recovery.
Awww, I hope that it doesn't come to surgery. I can't imagine the stress that would put on you. Especially at this age. *hugs* and hope things are going okay.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #20
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My super delayed little girlies are achieving "baby steps". This week A finally started rolling a bunch and J scoots backwards all over the floor. Sometimes it is so hard to think that they are nearly one and cannot even sit up, but I am trying to rejoice in the successes and the fact that they do keep achieving...just at their own micropreemie pace !