Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Planned c-sec for 2nd child

For my scheduled one I remember getting to the hospital, changing into the gown, having blood taken, being monitored, talking to a couple anesthesiologists and nurses, baby was monitored and IV placed in. All that took about 2.5hrs and was very calm. Then they wheeled me back, moved from bed to operating table, got the epidural/spinal and let them do their work. Didn't take long, I got to see and touch my baby and DH held him while they finished up. Then he was weighed/diapered and taken for vitals with DH for about 15 minutes while I was wheeled into recover. He joined me 15 minutes later. It was a great experience really.

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
mommatiger23
Registered Users
seller

My hospital is awesome - they let the baby be placed in my chest while they stitched me up (really high up on my chest, but better than the first time where the other hospital would t let me have him for 3 hours). I did go into labor on my own and tried a VBAC but had the same issue as before. I didn't get to push or labor as long this time, and the surgery was much calmer. Recovery was SO much quicker and easier, also. Definitely still take your birth plan and most hospitals will try to honor it as much as possible within the restrictions of hospital policy.
mommatiger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
charmaca02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm 2 weeks post C/S #3. He was planned for later this month, but decided to surprise us a few weeks early. My first was an ER c/s and second was planned but came a week earlier. I think the main difference between my emergency one and the last two planned ones was how smoothly everything was handled. This last one I came into l/d and was asked some questions, anesthesiologist came in and we went over my birth plan as far as her part, and then the present doctor (my dr wasn't working l/d that day) came and spoke with me at length about the procedure, answered my questions, and listened to what my birth plan wishes were. It helped to have an idea of what to expect and what kind of questions to prepare for the hospital staff because I felt a lot calmer... With the emergency c/s I was so freaked out after laborng so long and worried about DS 1 that I didn't eve know what questions to ask.
Recovery was so much easier with the planned C/S. I was able to get up and move around sooner than with my 1st.
Good luck!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #14
becky1231
Registered Users

My planned C section I went to the hospital at the scheduled time walked up to L&D and they took me to the prep area changed into my gown got hooked up to the monitors. Met the anesthesiologist and my OB came in and said Hi then the nurses came in and drew blood and got my IVs going and shaved me and then I sat there and waited for my turn. Got my spinal and then an epi because the anesthesiologist screwed up the spinal lol hubs came in baby came out I got to have him with me the whole time hubs carried him to the recovery room hung out there for a bit and then they situated Joey and I in the big bed and took us up to the postpartum floor and i got to show off my little man to everyone we passed lol. It was really calm and easy compared to my emergency c section