Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grr to: "I'm not a mom of multiples BUT..."

i get the same thing from people who had 4 babies close in age......SOOOOO not the same as quads lady!!

Advertisement

kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #22
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaine View Post

Honestly, if you spoke to me when my twins were very young, you just couldn't win. I was annoyed with people when they said negative things like "double trouble" or "better you than me". And I was equally annoyed when they said more positive things like, "I know it's so hard because I have two under two also". The only people who got points with me were the ones who said something nice about twins and then quickly moved on.
LOL that is me if it's been a bad couple days. My favorite comment I get often is "wow, you are supermom!" that really brightens my day!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #23
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
i get the same thing from people who had 4 babies close in age......SOOOOO not the same as quads lady!!
Oh honey YOU are supermom!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
When I meet someone with higher multiples I literally want to bow at their feet and weep into their shoes, out of complete overwhelming admiration. You are absolutely my hero.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #25
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Twinpossible. NICU is a nightmare isn't it? So sorry you had to go through it too. As for calming down...weeelll my feistiest 2 babies are still my spunkiest 2 at ages 5 and 8. BUT I tell myself daily that their personality traits will serve them well in life, right?! Your babies' spunkieness may have been why they successfully came through a 29 week birth !

kristinc: oh my golly, oh my golly, oh my golly, oh my golly!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine your house!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
How the heck can someone compare 4 singletons to quads?? Seriously with them being as close together as possible it wuld be a Newborn, 9month old, 18month old and 27 month old. Really???!!!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #27
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
How the heck can someone compare 4 singletons to quads?? Seriously with them being as close together as possible it wuld be a Newborn, 9month old, 18month old and 27 month old. Really???!!!
Seriously! Quads should be born with a personal chef and a cleaning lady!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #28
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post

I worked in a daycare for a bit over a yr before dd1. I was in the infant room and some times on my own with 4 kids under 12mos old. Most of the time it fell just right and we would have at least 2 that were the same age and more often then not we'd have 2 sets that were the same age(like 2 3mos olds and 2 7mos olds). Lets just say I was glad I only had them for 6-8hrs a day lol

I'm not a mom of multiples but I'd get seriously irratated when I'd vent when the girls were infants and ppl would be all 'yeah, I have a puppy so I know what you mean!' Um no. No you do not. lol

OH MY GOSH, I have heard the puppy/dog comments a lot. That really drives me nuts. I mean, come on!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #29
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Seriously! Quads should be born with a personal chef and a cleaning lady!
AMEN! I dont have twins/trips/quads but... I think I would need a whole line of servants!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #30
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcprochazka View Post
Hahaha! Yeah, we've heard that a lot. Twins are definitely NOT the same as having children that were born separately. Did you see the news article the other day about "twins born 5 years apart"? They went on to say that the babies were IVF and because they were in the same grouping of retrieved eggs that they were twins. Umm... no. If they didn't share a womb and were not born at the same time then they are NOT twins. (Yes, I know a few cases of twins born a few days apart, obviously not the same thing.) If you didn't have 2 babies screaming needing the exact same thing at the same time then it is not the same experience.

That puppy remark made me giggle too! Seriously people!
This really made me laugh! All 5 of my kids and whoever is on the way were conceived on Feb 1st 2005. While I find it somewhat baffling that they were all conceived the same day, it never once crossed my mind to introduce them as quints. That is insane! However, if I ever have twins again, I would really like to have them born on 2 different days and have 2 different birthdays. But, I'll still call them twins.

This reminds me of when people say sort of the opposite to me. I've had people tell me mine older set isn't really twins because they are girl/boy. I've had people tell me with both sets they aren't real twins because they are IVF. Umm...seriously, trying telling that to my uterus or my woo woo just as they came shooting out one after the other. Or come to my house and tell me that in the middle of the night during their first couple of months. Sure, they weren't spontaneous, but I still had to carry, birth and most importantly raise TWO babies born within 8 minutes of each other...in my case...2 x's 27 months apart. Silly people.